Will Heron Paracetemol Hurt A Dog?

StaceyB

The bottle of Heron Paracetemol was on top of the fridge and fell off and broke when I opened the door. I thought I cleaned up all the tablets, but Gypsy just had hold of one. I took it off her but I'm not sure if she got any others.

Would it have any adverse effects on her if she managed to swallow one or two?

They are just the standard tabsules you get in the supermarket and Gypsy is about 28kg.

The bottle of Heron Paracetemol was on top of the fridge and fell off and broke when I opened the door. I thought I cleaned up all the tablets, but Gypsy just had hold of one. I took it off her but I'm not sure if she got any others.

Would it have any adverse effects on her if she managed to swallow one or two?

They are just the standard tabsules you get in the supermarket and Gypsy is about 28kg.

I doubt that it would do any damage if it was only one or two. I was advised by my vet years ago to give panadol to my dog for pain relief (before i knew better) and it never hurt her.

If your really worried or you think she may have swallowed more, ring an after hours vet and see what they say. Better to be safe than sorry. I hope your girl will be fine!!

Thanks guys, I don't think she actually swallowed any... But as I have said on other posts, she's my first dog and and I'm paranoid about anything happening to her - Luckily we have a 24hr vet 20mins away, they are part of the University I work at so I have salary packaged funds waiting to be spent if I panic about something!

Ring the vet. Panadol is NOT safe for dogs.

http://www.doglistener.co.uk/medical/toxins.shtml

I've just called them, they told me to try to get her to vomit (and told me how) so I'll give that a go, if she has swallowed any it will bring them up. If she seems sick when I get up in the morning I'll take her in. They are my normal vets anyway and I can just leave her there for the day while I'm at work.