Agility Training In Brisbane

Hi, I am really new to the Agility training and was recommended by the vet nurse where I took my border collie for her checkup to enrol my dog for agility. I am wondering if there is any place located in the south that offers this (I am staying in the Algester area)? In addition, is the agility course expensive? Thanks :offtopic:

Hi, I am really new to the Agility training and was recommended by the vet nurse where I took my border collie for her checkup to enrol my dog for agility. I am wondering if there is any place located in the south that offers this (I am staying in the Algester area)? In addition, is the agility course expensive? Thanks :laugh:

On the southside you have 4 options that I know of.

BAD (Brisbane Agility Dog Club) trains at Carina on a Wednesday night. They cater for dogs from 11 months old and up so you really need a good recall and a bit of focus on your dog before you begin there. The beginners course is about a little more expensive (don't remember, but it wasn't that bad), but ongoing training once you've done that is $5 a night. They are really good and have helped me with my girl. Great bunch of people.

ADCQ (Agility Dog Club of Queensland) train at Tivoli on a Sunday night. They cater to dogs from 8 weeks and up. Their program is really good in that they start with the basics and teach all the obedience etc you need for a good AGILITY dog (ie: not classic/trial obedience, but the agility tools you need). The basic courses are about $40 to $50 for six weeks depending on what level you are at and then ongoing training is $4 a night I think. I run my younger boy here and then my girl in the class after. Again, great bunch of people really dedicated to those who are dedicated to their dogs.

Both these clubs are ADAA affiliated and I can't recommend either of these two clubs highly enough.

The other two options I have heard good things about, but have not trained at so can't really comment.

One group train at the Mt Gravatt Show Grounds on a Thursday night and the other is attached to the Redlands Dog Obedience Club.

One other more expensive, but much more relaxed option is the Dog Sport classes at RSPCA. Great bunch of people and not really into trialling so the training is heaps of fun and lots of laughs, but not as hard core as the other clubs. (I play flyball with a couple of the people from there.) Works out to about $15 a lesson.

Hi, I am really new to the Agility training and was recommended by the vet nurse where I took my border collie for her checkup to enrol my dog for agility. I am wondering if there is any place located in the south that offers this (I am staying in the Algester area)? In addition, is the agility course expensive? Thanks :laugh:

BAD (Brisbane Agility Dog Club) trains at Carina on a Wednesday night. They cater for dogs from 11 months old and up so you really need a good recall and a bit of focus on your dog before you begin there. The beginners course is about a little more expensive (don't remember, but it wasn't that bad), but ongoing training once you've done that is $5 a night. They are really good and have helped me with my girl. Great bunch of people.

ADCQ (Agility Dog Club of Queensland) train at Tivoli on a Sunday night. They cater to dogs from 8 weeks and up. Their program is really good in that they start with the basics and teach all the obedience etc you need for a good AGILITY dog (ie: not classic/trial obedience, but the agility tools you need). The basic courses are about $40 to $50 for six weeks depending on what level you are at and then ongoing training is $4 a night I think. I run my younger boy here and then my girl in the class after. Again, great bunch of people really dedicated to those who are dedicated to their dogs.

Both these clubs are ADAA affiliated and I can't recommend either of these two clubs highly enough.

The other two options I have heard good things about, but have not trained at so can't really comment.

One group train at the Mt Gravatt Show Grounds on a Thursday night and the other is attached to the Redlands Dog Obedience Club.

One other more expensive, but much more relaxed option is the Dog Sport classes at RSPCA. Great bunch of people and not really into trialling so the training is heaps of fun and lots of laughs, but not as hard core as the other clubs. (I play flyball with a couple of the people from there.) Works out to about $15 a lesson.

Thank you so much! I might have to go for the ADCQ training. I am still trying to teach my dog the basic obedience despite sending her for a week's training with a dog obedience trainer :laugh: Sorry for being a pain, whereabouts is Tivoli? I am really excited to start her back from basics again :rofl:

Hi, I am really new to the Agility training and was recommended by the vet nurse where I took my border collie for her checkup to enrol my dog for agility. I am wondering if there is any place located in the south that offers this (I am staying in the Algester area)? In addition, is the agility course expensive? Thanks :p

Thank you so much! I might have to go for the ADCQ training. I am still trying to teach my dog the basic obedience despite sending her for a week's training with a dog obedience trainer :D Sorry for being a pain, whereabouts is Tivoli? I am really excited to start her back from basics again :thumbsup:

ADCQ Tivoli in Ipswich, train at the musketeers sports grounds on Sunday afternoons for more info check out www.adaa.com.au then go to clubs you will find a list of all adaa affiliated clubs and locations and contacts to each...

I train both of my dogs with ADCQ (Agility Dog Club of Queensland). I think they are AMAZING!!!!

I love their methods and the trainers are up to date with new, positive ways to teach agility.

HI LAFFI,I would have to agree as I train there too,I'm the crazy dog owner with the dog who has a pink and purple tail(Josie)!

I train both of my dogs with ADCQ (Agility Dog Club of Queensland). I think they are AMAZING!!!!

I love their methods and the trainers are up to date with new, positive ways to teach agility.

HI LAFFI,I would have to agree as I train there too,I'm the crazy dog owner with the dog who has a pink and purple tail(Josie)!

Which level are you? Laffi my golden retriever is level 2 and Midge my australian shepherd level 3. I will see you next Sunday!!