Standing For Show

Hi How you doing?

I've Taught My rotty to stand he caught on Very Quickly, I can walk away and disapear and he'll will not have moved positions.

But my question is how do i transfer that to the infamous rottweiler stance for Show ? Like the dogs Do when there On show in competitions

This is called "stacking". Some dogs will stack themselves and others will be hand stacked, so the handler will position the dogs legs where they are needed.

I have taught Shiloh to "stand" and then taught her to stay with a piece of food held about half a meter in front of her face to keep her attention there. I can then manipulate her legs, face, head etc without her moving from the position I am placing her in. The more practise I do with her, the more she is stacking herself so it is just correct training and practise, practice, practise :laugh: Hopefully one day she will stack herself without any manipulation from me but I will continue to hand stack her until then.

Are you showing your rotti or just wanting it to learn to stack ?

Edited by BC

Im actually More interested in obedience trials And other training aspects , So Yeh i just want to learn.

I dont actually No to Much About Showing maybe if it was applicable i could get into it. I Just dont know How They Judge, the rules, What makes A good Show dog And Things like that.

Thanks For the help

Im actually More interested in obedience trials And other training aspects , So Yeh i just want to learn.

I dont actually No to Much About Showing maybe if it was applicable i could get into it. I Just dont know How They Judge, the rules, What makes A good Show dog And Things like that.

Thanks For the help

In obedience you are just after a "stand" as such, so no need to teach how to stack unless you are going to show it.

To show the dog you will need to speak to the breeder and whether the dog is of show potential, have the dog on main register and entire. That would be your first steps of getting into showing, then if all is OK you can go from there.