Gluten Free Diet For Dogs

SueM

Is their any of the premium brands dry foods that are gluten free, I just noticed as I am going on a gluten free diet myself that it can help with seizures, I am on it for other reasons but thought it might be worth a try with my Epileptic Dog..

I just been googling and found this ill keep looking

http://www.supercoat.com.au/dogs-specialcare-Sensitive.aspx

Special Care has been professionally formulated for dogs with special needs ensuring high digestibility and healthy bowels.

Made from high quality chicken and rice and free from beef and gluten it is perfectly suited for dogs with allergies and those with a sensitive skin or stomach

Edited by SeaMonKeY

Not dry food, but Nature's Gift Chicken and Rice canned food is gluten-free. The only ingredients are chicken, rice and veges.

I have used it in the past for a gluten intolerant dog.

Thanks thats good to know, he isnt gluten intolerant but I have been reading up and apparently it could help with dogs that have seizures so worth a try.

Eagle Pack Holistic Duck and Oatmeal I am pretty sure is gluten free.Only grains are ground rice and ground oatmeal.

recommended for dogs with food allergies as the only protein source is duck

I would not feed Supercat Special care Sensitive9 just a micked up version of what they sell in the shops if you compare ingredients)

JMHO