Ah Crap Vomiting Dog

mixy

This just had to happen on easter sunday when all the vets are closed.

Molly had thrown up about 7 times in the last 30 minutes. There doesn't seem to be anything in the vomit, its just white and frothy. I'm fairly sure there isn't anything poisonous she could have eaten.

What to do? Is there anything I can do or should I just get her to the vet asap? Is there somewhere I can take her? I'm in Perth.

I would be phoning a vet, at least.

Do NOT give her anything by mouth.

Has she eaten recently?

Is her stomach swollen?

has she diarrhoea as well?

Is she otherwise OK?

Have you taken her temp?

Could she have eaten anything poisonous?

Keep her quiet... do you have any Rescue Remedy?

A few drops on her gums..OR on a bare bit of skin every 20 minutes will help settle her...

But please phone a vet.....

Molly had thrown up about 7 times in the last 30 minutes. There doesn't seem to be anything in the vomit, its just white and frothy. I'm fairly sure there isn't anything poisonous she could have eaten.

What to do? Is there anything I can do or should I just get her to the vet asap? Is there somewhere I can take her? I'm in Perth.

I know how you feel

My doggie did this about 1 month ago now....

Turns out I had fed her :) GRAPES ;) without realising they were incredibly :D toxic :) for doggies. Could it have been something like that??? Sally threw up about 8 times - white and frothy mostly, then occasionally it was yellow - I guessed that was bile. She was very quiet that day and night but was okay the next day....

;) If in doubt - :cry: ring Vet for sure.

MMM - maybe she found the hidden Easter egg stash???

Take care

She hasn't eaten since her dinner last night. I'm thinking she may have eaten one of those little lizard/skink things? There have been lots of those around and my other dog has done this a couple of times before. She couldn't have got to any chocolate, she's been outside all day. She hasn't had any diarrhea and otherwise seems fine. She hasn't vomited for a couple of hours now but she still seems quiet. I called the vet and he said to bring her in if she vomits again.

I know how you feel

My doggie did this about 1 month ago now....

Turns out I had fed her :) GRAPES ;) without realising they were incredibly :D toxic :) for doggies. Could it have been something like that??? Sally threw up about 8 times - white and frothy mostly, then occasionally it was yellow - I guessed that was bile. She was very quiet that day and night but was okay the next day....

;) If in doubt - :cry: ring Vet for sure.

MMM - maybe she found the hidden Easter egg stash???

Take care

Well I would hope that your dogs illness was not as a result of eating grapes, vomiting and diarrhoea can be early symptoms, the real problem is renal failure. Timely warning to all owners - if you suspect a toxicity of any type check with your vet as symptoms can be both long and short term.

She hasn't eaten since her dinner last night. I'm thinking she may have eaten one of those little lizard/skink things? There have been lots of those around and my other dog has done this a couple of times before. She couldn't have got to any chocolate, she's been outside all day. She hasn't had any diarrhea and otherwise seems fine. She hasn't vomited for a couple of hours now but she still seems quiet. I called the vet and he said to bring her in if she vomits again.

How is she doing today????

Back to normal, tearing about the backyard like nothing ever happened. She had me very worried for a while there! She's the happiest little dog in the world so it was horrible to see her moping around looking sad. She must have just eaten something she shouldn't have like a lizard or a dead mouse or something. I will be keeping a close eye on her.

I hope not, we've already had 1 rat poison scare this year :(. We have a lot of mice around because we have aviaries so the dogs often catch them and then dig them up later after we've buried them :( .

Back to normal, tearing about the backyard like nothing ever happened. She had me very worried for a while there! She's the happiest little dog in the world so it was horrible to see her moping around looking sad. She must have just eaten something she shouldn't have like a lizard or a dead mouse or something. I will be keeping a close eye on her.

:coffee: :coffee: phew :coffee::eek:

:laugh: so pleased all is well now

I felt the same way after the grape episode