When Do Puppies Fully Grow To Their Adult Size Body?

Marble

i have a maltese puppy.. nearly 5months old and currently teething..

I have been searching around trying to find out when puppies fully form their adult size body?

any help would be great.. so i can start looking for winter coat for her

cheers

It depends on the dog, the larger the dog the longer it takes to fully grow. I have no idea about maltese but my border collies have reached full size (or close enough to it) at about the 9- 12 month mark so Im guessing yours will be earlier than that. Why don't you look at how big an adult maltese gets and buy that size? Ive never used dog coats so I don't know if it makes a difference if they are a little bit big but I'm sure your dog will be close enough to full size that it will fit fine.

Have a look at the breed standard. A pure breed maltese will usually grow to between those two standards and weights will also help... Also a lot of the time the coats will have examples of breeds that the coat will fit (on the packaging) - read up on breeds that are similar size to yours and then you can recognise the breeds that are similar to your dogs size when it is an adult.

i would imagine your pup wouldn't have a lot more growing to do.

http://www.ankc.org.au/home/breeds_details.asp?bid=19 <----- breed standard for the Maltese...