Rescue Remedy - Dog Dosage?

Just give her whatever the dosage says on the bottle. It's actually more about the frequency of the dosage - depending on the situation.

You may find it's better to give 2 or 3 doses in the hour leading up to the actual event, and then dose as required from then on. (this is what I have found works best - one dose just isn't enough)

At work I have a Bach Flower RR and that says 4 drops per dose, and at home I also have an Australian Bush Flower Essences RR which says 7 drops - I just go with whatever dose the bottle recommends. Have to say though, I have found the Australian Bush Flower Essence RR to be more effective for some reason.

:)

Edited by ~ArtyFarty~

I've only used Bachs RR with our kelpie-x a few times, but I've found that the dose required can vary quite a bit - some times three drops are enough, other times that seems to have little effect (I guess it might depend on a range of factors - whether given with water/food, how much exercise they've had, the environment they're in etc). I find the best thing to do is to give an initial dose, watch for 1/2 an hour and then re-dose if neccessary.

I'd probably start with 4 or 5 drops for your 35kg dog and then go from there..... Good luck :champagne:

Go with what Arty Farty says. It is the frequency not the amount. Homeopathics, bach and bush flowers have specific frequencies so you could basically take the whole bottle and it will only have the same effect as the required dose, ie you can't really overdose. If an animal is really needing emergency essence for whatever reason you can dose more frequently, ie every half hour if need be. Just go with the instructions (or for more detailed instructions do a search on the web). I have also used emergency essence just in their water too especially when introducing new pets into the environment.

Generally bach flower remedies work for people/animals that have ancestry back to Europe whereas if there are a few generations born in Australia - then the Aussie bush flowers often work better.

These types of natural remedies work really well on people, animals - I have tried them on myself, my daughter (great for teething), horses, dogs and cats and usually get pretty good results.

Anyone have any idea of the Rescue Remedy dosage rate for dogs? I have a very anxious 35kg girl and would like to give her a few drops before visitors arrive, just don't know how much.

Appreciate any advise :champagne:

Have you thought about the Rescue Remedy Spray? My Health Food shop suggested that this would be better than putting it in his water as he is getting the dosage straight away.

It's very easy to give. For my 30 kilo boy I give him 3 - 4 sprays at the back of the tongue. I can certainly see the difference it makes.

Thank you. Didn't get back here until now and the guests have gone.

I gave her 3 drops on her tongue 10 minutes before they arrived. She was so good. No frantic running, jumping and hiding - she only wet herself twice and it was only a few drops (instead of the usual flood).

The guests were really good too, they totally ignored her. Within a few minutes she settled like a normal dog - Oh what a nice afternoon - she seemed to enjoy it too :champagne: