Omg Ivan's Put On 3.5kgs In 3.5 Months

OH brought Ivan to the vet today to get his vaccs. Last time he was at the vets was for that operation to have a lump removed in January. He was 31kgs then, already a very big Husky, but not fat. Now he's 34.5kgs :D

He's been getting the same amount of exercise, same amount of food and there's no way his winter coat could weigh that much more. How in the name of God did he put on all that weight :D

Myself and OH are gobsmacked. He doesn't look fat. The only possible change I can think of is he's been getting the occasional split cow bone. Is the marrow THAT fattening?

Wow 34kg,

I was at the vet today with Sasha , they had cleaned her teeth and the vet nurse said to give her a bone i-2 days a week , but to cut out one of her meals because having a bone is like having a 4 course dinner!! because they are fatty and have other bits attched to the bone :D

Edited by kiwigirl

He just turned 9. You wouldn't know it though, he's still got plenty of energy!

Yes but at 9 years of age his metabolism will be slowing down and if you feed the same amount of food he will begin to gain weight. I have an older dog here that's exactly the same and I've cut his dry food by 1/3 cup, if he continues to pile on the kilos I'll have to give him even less :D

Yeah, the vet suggested a special low calorie kibble, but we'll just cut back. We already have to get Chopper a special one to reduce gas leaks. Three bags of kibble would just take up too much room!