Which Dog Food Brand Is Better

which brand is better  

25 members have voted

1. 1. which dog food brand is better

• purina one
    • optimum
    • both the same

now i'm reading Eukanuba dog food is bad all the pet shops and vets only carry iams,hills science diet and eukanba dog food. I'm now at a loss on what to do i do not want to order online as it cost more for postage.

My dog eats Eukanuba FP, which is a vet surgery only food, and he does very well on it.

Animal Lover12, if you can't afford the super premium foods then don't buy them! Your dogs will do just fine on an average food. I've raised pups on Supercoat with fresh meat and bones and they were healthy dogs with no issues (except big, red poos :provoke: ) although I do now feed the more premium dog food brands.

There's no point spending half your pension on the dogs dinner - then you won't have the $ if they get hurt and need vet attention. There is nothing wrong with a more average dry food if your dog is doing well on it.

If your dogs don't have skin issues try them on Purina/Optimum or similar and give them plenty of yummy bones and your left over vegies, they won't fall apart. :hitself:

You can research diet until the cows come home, everyone has a different opinion and everyones dogs react differently to dry food brands. :laugh:

eta: My Saint Bernard was mainly fed IAMS and she lived to a ripe old age, Royal Canin made her fart too much and after playing around with foods IAMS came out a winner for her. If you're going to save yourself $30 odd dollars a bag by feeding IAMS then go for it : )

Edited by Clyde

i know most of you all are thinking that they need really good quality food but i was doing my maths and i won't be able to afford to spend $25 on a 3kg bag of dog food then having meat and bones on top. So i've decided i'll give purina one a go as this is what i can afford, Bomber will still get fresh chicken or beef mince and bones. I don't really care what people think as this is what i can afford. At least his getting feed a bit better brand then homebrand and isn't going to be straved to death.

Animal Lover12, if you can't afford the super premium foods then don't buy them! Your dogs will do just fine on an average food. I've raised pups on Supercoat with fresh meat and bones and they were healthy dogs with no issues (except big, red poos :provoke: ) although I do now feed the more premium dog food brands.

There's no point spending half your pension on the dogs dinner - then you won't have the $ if they get hurt and need vet attention. There is nothing wrong with a more average dry food if your dog is doing well on it.

If your dogs don't have skin issues try them on Purina/Optimum or similar and give them plenty of yummy bones and your left over vegies, they won't fall apart. :hitself:

You can research diet until the cows come home, everyone has a different opinion and everyones dogs react differently to dry food brands. :laugh:

eta: My Saint Bernard was mainly fed IAMS and she lived to a ripe old age, Royal Canin made her fart too much and after playing around with foods IAMS came out a winner for her. If you're going to save yourself $30 odd dollars a bag by feeding IAMS then go for it : )

Bomber does sratch around his neck alot but i think thats due to the fact his being feed meat roll.