Frequent Peeing

miamay

I have a 12 wk old lab pup, I have never known a pup to drink and pee so much. I take her to the loo outside, bring her in and within a couple of seconds she pees again.....and so it goes on. She will pee any where any time but the is very particular where she poops, likes the garden and will bark to get out there.

Any one got any tips? How regularly should they pee?? :(

Any one got any tips? How regularly should they pee?? :champagne:

Are you feeding wet (fresh or tinned, or soaked complete) or dry food? If you're giving her dry food then she'll need to drink a lot more than if her food was wet. Have you measured how much she's drinking? Under normal conditions an adult dog needs about 60ml of liquid for every kilo bodyweight. She's only a baby with a lot of growing to do, so her metabolism will be working faster.

A puppy needs to be taken out to pee at least once every hour throughout the day.

Does she pee much during the night? If she isn't toileting during the night, then presumably she can hold it in when she needs to. I'm guessing you're not using a crate so that's something you could consider as she shouldn't toilet in the place that she sleeps.

Yes I am pretty sure it is the dry food. I am not crate training her she sleeps outside with my older dog. She doesn't pee in her bed and if she accidently gets left in her pen she gets quite distressed if the needs to poo but the peeing she isn't so stressed where she does it. Thankfully her bed appears safe.