National Ipo Championship 2008

Who is going to the IPO Nationals this year?

12 and 13 July

Castle Hill Showground

I'm hoping to go. OH really enjoyed the last one we went to (despite the rain!) so is as close to enthusiastic as he gets about going to a doggy event :laugh: I'm hoping the weather is better this year though!

Who is going to the IPO Nationals this year?

12 and 13 July

Castle Hill Showground

I'm hoping to go. OH really enjoyed the last one we went to (despite the rain!) so is as close to enthusiastic as he gets about going to a doggy event :laugh: I'm hoping the weather is better this year though!

I thought it was in QLD this year

http://www.schutzhundaustralia.com/pdf/eventscalendar.pdf

or is it that its by two different organisations?

Yes its two different organisations.

So strange - the sport is so small in this country yet two organisations....

Had a look at the prizes and its worth to enter just to get what every competitor will receive for participating! :laugh:

Go on, do Divani's BH!

Only if you do Diesels! he will pass he knows how to heel and do a recall and a stay! and you only need to teach him sit on the move and drop on the move, there is enough time.

go on, do Diesel's BH!

Do I need to be registered anywhere? :o

no idea :laugh:

Do you have the rules somewhere?

No, but I pretty much know the sequence. You will need to do the sequence as noone tells you when to do the turns and how many paces you need to do with the dog when heeling.

I think I have the rules somewhere in a pdf format (by email) if I find them Ill send them to you, but hopefully some lovely knowledeable person will post us a linky to the rules.

Edited by Monelite

• 2 months later...

Well we went to watch yesterday. Was a lot of fun, watched the SchH 3 dogs work. Very impressive until the last dog got injured on the courage test :cry: . 2 Malinois and a GSD. Sorry Monelite, no Dobes :cry: I didn't stay to watch the showdown between the police dogs and the Schutzhund dogs as I ran out of time, but wish I could have. I met up with sidoney and was there with my OH, baby, mum and brother (who were visiting from the USA).

I also ran into Steve Austin and had a chat to him. He remembered me from the NDTF courses I have done :love: and I got to see his young Malinois, very nice!