Aidan Bindoff

Has anyone ever worked with / heard of Aidan Bindoff?

AND

Is what I would expect from him to be anything like what one would experience through Urbandogz?

I realise questions like these have the ability to put people in 'uncomfortable' situations, so you can PM me if you would prefer.

He gave us permission to use his articles in our newsletters but to be honest I haven't had too much of a chance to read his stuff :rolleyes:

He seems to be pretty good though (from the little I have read) :thumbsup:

Ta Pokes. I'm not sure I'll bother if nobody else has heard of him outside of "he writes this stuff" (which is all I can find anywhere). That he's at all connected with Urbandogz in my mind is enough to put me off but I was willing to ignore that if people had some sort of other experience with him -- that make sense?

Ta Pokes. I'm not sure I'll bother if nobody else has heard of him outside of "he writes this stuff" (which is all I can find anywhere). That he's at all connected with Urbandogz in my mind is enough to put me off but I was willing to ignore that if people had some sort of other experience with him -- that make sense?

Sure does.

From what I know, he focuses a lot on clicker training and seems to use it to fix most problems so that would make me slightly wary.... :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

Hey - that's my name!

I'm not affiliated with Urbandogz but our training is similar (positive reinforcement). If you're not into that then you won't like what I do, and honestly, I have no interest in trying to change anyone's feelings about positive training/dominance/corrections/UFOs/war in Iraq or anything else... Great if people will listen, but it's not a problem if they don't agree with me.

What I do each summer is put a project together and tackle a problem that no-one seems to have an effective, consistently demonstrable solution for that 99% of the population can use (selfishly, this is almost always for a problem I have with one of my own dogs). I doubt I haver ever or will ever fully achieve my own goals, but we have had some very pleasing results with reactivity towards people on bikes and other dogs. Worth sharing, I thought.

The aggression towards other dogs project is the one closest to my own heart, and I know that I have a very effective solution, but you do have to commit to doing things "my way" and you can't mess around with it. The last thing I want is to waste my time with someone who can't follow instructions or thinks they can improve "on the fly" what I have spent countless hours trying to perfect. This is a labour of love, after all - my pet project.

Sorry if I caused any embarrassment by replying to a post asking about me, but this is the internet and I'm sure you were aware of that possibility. There are testimonials on my website, although I'm not sure how applicable they are as only a couple of those people have worked with me in person.

Sure have!

I've attended Aidan's classes on a regular basis and have seen wonderful results with different dogs with varying problems.

Aidan has also helped me out numerous times with questions about my own dog and I have been more than happy with his suggestions (which have worked well)...and I never thought I'd see a dog tracking with pegs either - but that's another story!

Aidan...nice work replying to a forum topic about yourself too!

Aidan...nice work replying to a forum topic about yourself too!

:eek: Yeah, I'm sure that's not cool but obviously I gave up trying to be cool as soon as we got the Volvo (still the best dog carrier on the market!) :mad

Thanks for the kind words!