Schutz Own Worst Enemy?

I didn't realise there was the ANKC thing. I'm glad it's not just me Jenicol. This is another reason why I don't enjoy competing, all the 'stuff' people go on with. "Those who can, do, and those who can't, criticise".

Hi Michelle3

Not sure about the Schutz world, but obedience trialling has very few "critics" going around. The competitors know all too well how easy things can go against them, and most have been down that path on many occasions.

Other competitors are more likely to cheer you on rather than knock you,...........cause they can then grill you for "secrets" :(

I find other competitors are more likely to criticise themselves before anyone else.

You can own an obvoiusly supreme show dog, and afford to have a big mouth............but you can own the worlds best trialling dog, and you can never hide a bad day with him,......nor afford to be able to shoot off your mouth about others. I would guess Schutz more so, because it is a very small training world.

Which dvds did you order???

[ I would guess Schutz more so, because it is a very small training world.

Which dvds did you order???

hiya,

I didn't have to go through and order any in the end, someone very kindly offered to copy some for me. They are the balabanov (sp) ones.

I emailed my local library a couple of days ago and they going to see what's at the state library they can order up for me. I gave them the names everyone here had suggested I told them I would take whatever they might have.

Good choice. I'm following his dvds atm. My dog is responding great to his methods so far.

They do not go into bite work or tracking though. Just the basic methods that you can use for obedience etc. I really hope he brings out more.

You can buy them from dogwise.com

They are pretty expensive though, and your best bet is getting someone to make you a copy. Mine are bad copys, and I need some new ones too.

If you rack up over 100 posts on dol, you can join the book/dvd borrowing list. They are there. (pinned to the top of the "general" thread.)