Tassie People

My sheltie is exclusively raw fed, but I bought a couple of cans of Evo for the pekes and a bag of the dry food...they didn't go much on the wet food - but they love the dry! They have loyalty cards for Evo/Innova/California Natural - so you can get a 25% discount everey 4th and 8th purchase with the 12th purchase free.

My sheltie is exclusively raw fed, but I bought a couple of cans of Evo for the pekes and a bag of the dry food...they didn't go much on the wet food - but they love the dry! They have loyalty cards for Evo/Innova/California Natural - so you can get a 25% discount everey 4th and 8th purchase with the 12th purchase free.

Yep the discount will be handy, I nearly fainted when I saw the price of the canned Evo $9.95 per small can, but like the shop assistant said, if its mixed with other it will do 3 feeds. Might try the rabbit one- 95% pure rabbit next time I go there, I'm so pleased because my fussy eater who is under weight had some more dry Evo for his brekky YEH!! :)

Just thought I'd let people know that Pet Goods Direct @ Cambridge Park (next to K & D) are selling premium foods...like Evo, Innova & California Natural as well as the usuals like Advance and Proplan.

Whilst my sheltie is raw fed, I will be buying the Evo products for my cats to try.

yes i'm really annoyed because my sister in law works there ( doesn't understand no matter how i put it to her and isnt a real dog lover ) it is absolutely connected and ran by the same group as pets paradise.

So i refuse flatly to purchase ANYTHING from them, which is a real bugger because i'd get an awesome discount through my sister in law.

Edited by allfortheckcs

The Pet Meat Mart sells rabbit meat for $3.30 for 500g and for $3.00 if you buy 10. My guys go spare when they get rabbit, they just love it.

Thats cheaper than Moonah, I think their rabbit is $4.50 for 500g. Yep mine love the rabbit and the roo

I get our meat from The Pet Meat Mart in Glenorchy, opposite Hungry Jacks.

I might have to go in and have a look....they sound great!

It might be a stupid question, but how do you know what butcher's put in their pet mince? Do you just ask? I look at it sometimes and it seems really fatty? Or is that just because it has bone minced in too?

It might be a stupid question, but how do you know what butcher's put in their pet mince? Do you just ask? I look at it sometimes and it seems really fatty? Or is that just because it has bone minced in too?

Hi Snoopy, I am always apprehensive about additives to pet mince. Until I found the place in Moonah, I always bought human grade mince. Their roo and rabbit and beef is all 100% pure and very lean as well. My dogs love it.

The beef can be a little fatty but not over, I don't think. Besides they do need a little fat. They mince up bone in it as well so they get calcium as well. They go and shoot there own Roos (I think) They mince, bag and freeze so it is fresh. I tend to order mine so I get unfrozen otherwise I can't fit it in the freezer. The rabbit is extremely lean and they do sell Roo without beef for a leaner meat. They used to sell lamb as well which the dogs loved but it became too hard to get so they rarely have it.

They also sell roo tails, chicken carcasses, chicken necks, cold cooked chickens,rabbit carcasses, variety of diced or minced meats, some kibble, toys, collars and leads.

I need to ask for a spotters fee :thumbsup: