Soy Bean For Dogs?

Ci

Is soy bean good or bad for dogs or it doesn't really matter (Unless they are getting it all the time)?

I ask because when I get Japanese they have this dish called Eda Mame which is hot soy beans in the pod and my dogs go crazy from them. Tex even pops the beans out of the pods.

They don't eat them that often at all so I can't imagine it would do any harm as a treat here and there but just wanted to check.

Is soy bean good or bad for dogs or it doesn't really matter (Unless they are getting it all the time)?

I ask because when I get Japanese they have this dish called Eda Mame which is hot soy beans in the pod and my dogs go crazy from them. Tex even pops the beans out of the pods.

They don't eat them that often at all so I can't imagine it would do any harm as a treat here and there but just wanted to check.

Do they have any flavourings (e.g. salt) with the dish?

You only feeding the fresh beans?

I know that if feed too much beans, it can cause constipation.

I know of a vet who recommends a tofu diet for dogs with a tonne of allergies. Soy beans are supposed to be a great protein source but I suspect dogs have difficulties digesting huge quantities. I guess a few beans won't hurt...I love the green soy beans too.