Hearts And Livers

vnv

My dad bought a whole lot of clearance packets of diced hearts and livers from woolies for their fussy GSD. Well he won't eat them so they have passed them onto me to give to my guts. I thought she would eat anything but she doesn't seem too keen on these. She does eat them eventually when she realises she isn't getting anything else.

I'm trying them cooked tonight but does anyone have any other ideas of how I can prepare them so she enjoys them more?

I seriously have a huge bag of them.

Persevere - my guys 'played' with kidney all over the kitchen floor the first week I gave them to them. :rofl: Left some on the floor and walked away - and it was gone a couple of hours later. The next week they ate it straight down. (I warm it through in the microwave, rather than completely cook it. I can't stand the smell anyway :rolleyes: :rofl: ).

Cheers,

Westiemum :(

Edited by westiemum

Guest Clover

Yep mixing them in their normal food and only feeding a small amount at a time may work. Harri is not a huge fan of kidneys & liver (raw liver) but actually ate everything i gave him tonight, including the chicken liver.

Chopped fine, if you can stand to handle them, and then freeze in small portions to add to their regular food? Warmed a little before feeding to them makes it much more appealing, too...

...I would be careful of mixing too much liver into their regular food, it can make them a bit unwell if you given to them in large quantities....

Guest Tess32

Mine devour it like it's going out of fashion and it's the last time they'll EVER see offal again, hehe. The ONLY thing all three dislike is.....raw fish.