Qld .... Dol Social

I'm coming up to QLD for the forthcoming Dr. Jean Dodds seminar/MDBA Awards Presentation night (26th June). Meeting up with ROM :laugh:.

Although we expect we'll have the opportunity to meet with a number of DOLers on the seminar/presentation night, thought it might be a good opportunity to meet with other DOLers (and/or again the ones who attend the evening) and get to know some of you! I'll be up there for a couple of days beyond the special night, so if you'd like to join both ROM and I .... be it lunch, dinner or perhaps a group visit to the Aussie Zoo/Waterworld or whatever, feel free to PM me.

Would love the chance to make your acquaintence face to face !! :rofl:

Cheers!

Erny

Edited by Erny

Ok, great :rofl:.

Now to begin with, I guess we need to sort semantics. Such as what days suit who. And what localities. Perhaps a group PM would be better for this info? And I'm a bit reliant on ROM too, as she knows QLD geographics better than I do (her being a native, an' all :laugh:).

We await your PM...

Ironically Erny I will be in Melbourne the following week, don't suppose you can warm up the place a bit for me?

Oooh sorry Jey. I meant to respond to your previous post. The seminar is at the Virginia Palms International, in Boondall.

What's happening in Melbourne the following week?

And I'm presuming you mean you'd like to join the 'meet' ??

I need each of you to PM me with YOUR available days and your localities. So ROM and I can try to sort something out that at least hopefully will suit all. :laugh:

Edited by Erny

I'm in Melbourne for a non-dog related student conference.

I am fearing the cold!

Bring proper footwear! I already know of one Queenslander who's gone to Sydney in the dead of winter wearing thongs :)

Erny is well worth meeting, she's ace :)

No, I have not been paid for this endorsement ;)

Hey Huski :)

Have included you in on the 'group' PM I've just sent around :).

Yes .... ROM and I will be there for the brunch I think - although not sure whether any definitive arrangements have been resolved for that yet? But we're also possibly doing dinner as well, as some here might not be able to make the mid-morning time get together. Would love to see you at either or both ;).

Erny

Hey Huski :)

Have included you in on the 'group' PM I've just sent around :) .

Yes .... ROM and I will be there for the brunch I think - although not sure whether any definitive arrangements have been resolved for that yet? But we're also possibly doing dinner as well, as some here might not be able to make the mid-morning time get together. Would love to see you at either or both ;) .

Erny

Thanks for the PM :laugh:

The brunch is yet to be finalised, we are just deciding on a venue that is suitable for all :eek:

Bring proper footwear! I already know of one Queenslander who's gone to Sydney in the dead of winter wearing thongs :laugh:

:laugh: Aaaaaghh!!! Frozen toes!! Ouch!!!

Erny is well worth meeting, she's ace :)

You are too kind, MsJames.

But that does not excuse you for your apparent absence from the training scene ..... nor for having not been keeping in touch with me with snippets of your dogs' happenings/progress. ;) Get cracking girl! I want to hear from you!! :)

No, I have not been paid for this endorsement :laugh:

:eek: ...... cheque's in the post ..... don't tell anyone ....

The brunch is yet to be finalised, we are just deciding on a venue that is suitable for all :)

Great .... ROM and I will keep a look out on the thread for news ;). Look forward to seeing you :).

Guest Bambalam

Changed, just noticed the date in the OP, I will be in sydney around that time. Oh well, maybe next time.

Edited by Bambalam

I'm coming up to QLD for the forthcoming Dr. Jean Dodds seminar/MDBA Awards Presentation night (26th June). Meeting up with ROM :).

I wish you and Steve from K9 would do a workshop up here. :o

Bambalam ..... sorry the dates don't fit. Next time, maybe. :cool:

RottyLover01 - thanks. I understand Steve might be going to QLD for a w/shop at some stage, but don't know how far off that will be. It's not that long before you get to see him for your appointment, is it? That's not the same as a workshop, where you can add more learning, but it will be a good start :).

Ok ..... dinner is set for 6.30pm on Friday 27th June. Venue is being arranged atm. If anyone else would like to come, send a PM .... to ROM, 'cause she's organising the venue with the others here :D.

Steve should be headed up this way later this year... now that we've sorted out a venue I think its just figuring out dates, but again ROM's the one to contact about it cos I left it in her hands!!! :)

RottyLover01 - thanks. I understand Steve might be going to QLD for a w/shop at some stage, but don't know how far off that will be. It's not that long before you get to see him for your appointment, is it? That's not the same as a workshop, where you can add more learning, but it will be a good start :).

I was hoping if he did come up here in the near future he might do some private appointments. I've already booked and paid for a package, but i'd prefer to avoid the long trip if possible, even if it meant losing out on what i've already paid. This will be the last straw with any dog training, so i hope it has a positive outcome. I've even copped abuse for making the decision to take the dog down to NSW. You can't win with some people............by the way, good luck with the seminar :D

Steve should be headed up this way later this year... now that we've sorted out a venue I think its just figuring out dates, but again ROM's the one to contact about it cos I left it in her hands!!! :cool:

That's very interesting. What month do you think it might be ? and what venue are you looking at ?

Edited by RottyLover01