Caboolture Sports Dog Obedience Club

anyone have any first hand knowlegde of this club?

Good points? bad points?

Any alternative suggestions for around that area......

The club trains the old fashioned way, no clickers, or squeaky toys, and quite often they have a monthly intake of 30+ dogs........ the intake is the first Monday of the month, bring your vaccination certificate and your membership money $10 includes insurance and membership of Caboolture Sports Club of which we are part of. Leave your dog at home on that first night, you will learn the ground rules, appropiate footwear etc; the correct way of putting on a check chain etc; You will also see a short demonstration of obedience from dogs with various degrees of training.

Class one and two is an eight week course. promotion from class one to two is automatic.

Promotion to class 3 dog has to be stable on the sit, down and stand stays and be doing an automatic sit and an on lead recall.

Class three is the beginning of preperation for off lead, so more emphasis on stability in stays, off lead recalls etc;

Class four should incorporate a lot of off lead work, including figure of eights etc; in preperation for trialling. Promotion from class 4 to 5 is by doing the inter club proficiency test or by entering a CCD trial.

Club contact: Chris Pain 0404 052 579

The other alternative is Teamwork Dog Obedience run by Alex and Maureen Greenhaugh.... held on a Sunday morning at the Caboolture Police Youth Club Ph: 07 3410 7026

Hope this helps you.

Edited by Cala

Thanks Cala - a question for you re Teamwork - are they recognised? Can I get accreditation through them to go on to trial?

You don't have to be a member of a club to trial. If you decide you dog's ready to trial you can enter CCD or a Sweepstakes if you want to start at Novice.

if you are interested in agility than the Suncoast Fun Dogs trains at the caboolture show grounds tuesday night... positive training methods with great success, holds Pre Ag 1 & 2 which are a 4 week course then once promoted and dogs are over 12 months they can enter the beginner 8 weeks and then starter courses - 4 weeks , from there they have Intermediate and Advanced Classes...

:laugh:

i can sympathize about the limping, have a badly sprained ankle at the moment, so my poor dogs are not getting too much training done... on the up side it is saving me money not being able to go to training...

i only ususally come on a tuesday night if i am instructing.. which i am booked down to do again in a couple weeks... i will be the one that turns up with the ute full of border collies ... i seem to always have extra rescue dogs with me lately so my ute has been dubbed the pound ute... although i am really trying to see how many Borders you can fit on one little old hilux...