Tantrum Throwing

Hey ... where do I start?!! Apparently my mongrel isn't allowed to join your elitist club for super dooper protection dogs :thumbsup:

Apparently so, but tracking isnt limited to the elite of dogs, you can do tracking at tracking clubs, all breeds are allowed there. :scold:

And its not MY elite..... I just happen to own one of the elitist breeds, I keep telling you you should have one of mine too :laugh:

Once my clicker stick arrives there'll be no stopping me. Watch out. He'll be winning titles left, right and centre!

Will you be taking dogs in for training too? If yes than Im booking Divani in already :laugh:

Are you kidding? She a lost cause, there's no hope for her :thumbsup:

Must be true! Elitist club told me that, other trainer told me that. And than she looks at me with those big brown eyes and I think - WTF are they all talking about? She is perfect :laugh:

But I thought that the click stick will be a cure for it all, magic wand you will wave above the dogs click it few times and voila, sensetional :laugh:

I realised this morning that I hate walking all the dogs together and the only reason I do it is because if I leave without Chopper he'll throw a massive tantrum :) I was doing ok walking three, but now it's four I'm really not enjoying it, the pavements just aren't wide enough.

Ideally I'd like to walk Ivan and Trixie for 30 mins and then drop them home and bring Chopper and Angel over to the park for 20-30 mins of fetch. I've tried this but Chopper goes balistic in his crate when I leave with the others. I even came home once to find some blood on the floor.

I could bring him and Angel out first, but it's still pretty dark at that point and even after 30 mins of running around he'd still go spastic if I walked out the door with Ivan and Trixie and not him.

I know he's a spoilt bastard and it's my fault for pandering to him, but knowing he's hurting himself by thrashing around in his crate upsets me. Leaving him out of his crate isn't an option as he'll be destructive. My husband is generally still home for the first half hour and I could ask him to help, but I suspect he won't want his sleep disturbed!

Any suggestions?!!!

The old age problem.......too many dogs, so little time. Ask your husband, bribe him with "treats" perhaps LOL, having Chopper in a crate beside your bed.

Dogs do what works for them...........like us mere humans.

Hi, I had the same problem as you. I have 6 dogs and it didnt matter who was left behind we had a carry on. Solution for me was go back to the beginning. Proper crate training is the answer. You need to make going in the crate a good thing for all your dogs. Start putting him in the crate when you are at home for a short periods at first with a bone or a favourite toy. Make it a good place to be, because at the moment he probably associates it as a bad thing. It might take a while to change the way he thinks about the crate so start for short stays in the crate and build up the time slowly. Then you can start leaving him in it while you leave the room for a minute and then 2 minutes etc. It will take time and patience but well worth it. You will find that you can leave him in the crate when u go out eventually but he needs to be happy to be there. Wouldnt you?

JD