Herding Warning

flite only just turned two, once he matures and with practice, me and menace' went to the kcc herding yesterday, it was really good, clover your dogs would be ready easly and so would belle, but are you interested doing another herding day? flyball is boring me at the moment.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm up for as much herding as i can afford to do. Belle might do flyball one day but she is no where near as enthused about it as Bear plus i have the issue of trying to get her to training each week so that she can get a level 2 pass and it's really hard around work.

Flip i'm sure you'll stop being bored with flyball as soon as we compete again. It's just a really long wait with the geelong one getting rained out.

Well Flip if you have lots of extra cash you can always dontate it to the buy sheepers and live closer together fund that Clover and I are starting. That way your hard earned money will go to a great cause!!! And i'm sure we'll let you use our sheepers for practising. :laugh::laugh::cry:

I never knew those two clubs did herding training. Elmore is up near Bendigo and takes about 2 hours from Melbourne. It is $20.00 per person every second weekend. I will have to look into the other two clubs though.

ETA: Anyone with a australian working breed dog can attend. ie: Border Collie, kelpie, Koolie, Cattle dog or crosses

Edited by RachelleBuck

I think tia and belle will make great flyball dogs, remember its not just about speed, its about doing something with your dogs, but you get so much satisfaction doing all the hard work and on comp day they do a clean run. herding is totally the oppisite where your dogs need to be calm and methodical(spell check please) and its such an art and so much fun.

Guest Clover
Well Flip if you have lots of extra cash you can always dontate it to the buy sheepers and live closer together fund that Clover and I are starting. That way your hard earned money will go to a great cause!!! And i'm sure we'll let you use our sheepers for practising. :confused::cheer::rofl:

The 'Got Sheep?' fund needs work i think, needs sheep and $$$s and somehwere to keep said sheep :wave:. One day though it will happen.

If Harri can learn Flyball and to bring the ball back to me, anyone or anydog can learn Flyball :(.

RachelleBuck, do you have anymore info on the club at Elmore?

What hard earned money? lol im poor as, i only work a few hours a day

Yes but in those few hours you earn as much as i do in a week!!! Now that you've got rid of that "excess baggage" all the money should be dontated to the "Got Sheep" fund. We'll make it tax deductable........ :rofl:

Well Flip if you have lots of extra cash you can always dontate it to the buy sheepers and live closer together fund that Clover and I are starting. That way your hard earned money will go to a great cause!!! And i'm sure we'll let you use our sheepers for practising. :D :rofl::rofl:

The 'Got Sheep?' fund needs work i think, needs sheep and $$$s and somehwere to keep said sheep :shrug:. One day though it will happen.

If Harri can learn Flyball and to bring the ball back to me, anyone or anydog can learn Flyball :rofl:.

RachelleBuck, do you have anymore info on the club at Elmore?

The "Got Sheep" fund will grow very quickly if we sell out "things" on ebay clover :rofl::rofl::) ;) ;) Plus if Flip donates all his money to our fund we can buy lots of sheepers and lots of land.

The elmore place sounds pretty good, it's a long way to go from frankston though. Do they do workshops or only training??

We do have workshops that run all weekend and are run by a guy that runs a farm with 10,000 odd sheep. Not sure when the next one is though. The sheep used in Elmore are a lot big that the ones that 4 paws use and more stubborn. Making your dog work a lot harder. Bigger areas to work the sheep in too.

All of my money hay? :) who said i have any, i only just got back my freedom ;) but sheepies fund sounds good, but

if ya dont make much on ebay i got some photos i can sell :love: lol i hope your taking good care of my borders!!!!!!!

All of my money hay? :D who said i have any, i only just got back my freedom :hug: but sheepies fund sounds good, but

if ya dont make much on ebay i got some photos i can sell :D lol i hope your taking good care of my borders!!!!!!!

I'm taking very good care of them. They are all freshly bathed and stripped out and look very very sexy. Oh and you aren't getting them back. They are mine, all mine i tells yah :crazy::laugh: :cool:

We do have workshops that run all weekend and are run by a guy that runs a farm with 10,000 odd sheep. Not sure when the next one is though. The sheep used in Elmore are a lot big that the ones that 4 paws use and more stubborn. Making your dog work a lot harder. Bigger areas to work the sheep in too.

That sounds pretty cool. I'd like to do one of the all weekend workshops. We travel all over the place for flyball so why not for herding. It'd be good to get Belle working hard, although maybe she needs a couple more lessons with the easy sheepers first. She's only young and has only been once. If any of the herding weekends come up does anyone post about them on here?

The sheep are good to work on as you see if a dog can really work or if they just chase the sheep. I can post if one comes up for you if you like. They have pups from 4 months start working the sheep so I am sure you will fine!!!

It would be great if you could post when the next one is comiing up. It'd be good to see if Belle could work the bigger more stubbourn sheep. Flip recorded the herding we did with David and gave me the dvd of belle working. In the beginning you can see she is just sort of chasing and seeing what happens but by the end of it she has settled down and is actually working the sheep. It's great to watch. A huge thanks to Flip for spending so much time taping and burning the dvd's. It came out great :):laugh::eek:

Guest Clover

Ohh strubbourn sheep sound good, it would be a bit of a challange for the El man. I cannot wait to see the DVDs, will be interesting to watch :laugh:.

Menace you havn't turned Flite into a Giraffe neck again? :)