Is This Normal?

charlies_mum

hi everyone molly our new chi is starting to settle in and she is playing well with our 12month old male chi. my question is he sometimes when they are playing picks her up by her fur and drags her about 1-2 metres. this doesnt seem to bother her as she doesnt cry or do anything to stop him. (she is very bossy so when he does something she doesnt like she fights back it sounds really funny :laugh: ) is this ok for him to do this or is it actually hurting her? he is such a sweetie and is very gentle with her so i don thtink he is doing it to hurt her i think he just treats her like she is one of his toys. thanks for your help :laugh:

Surely she would yelp if she was in any pain.

You should see what my two get up too :laugh: , I have nearly had a heart attack a number of times but no-one ever cries out and dogs are very happy to let the other know when something hurts them.

I would just keep a close eye on them when playing and step in if you think he is getting a little rough.

No blood? No yelping? No running away hiding? Sounds like play to me. If she is a pup she will grow and then be too big to drag around and it sounds like she's already telling him off about other stuff. You're probably more anxious about the behaviour than she is!