Looking For Clubs

Hey Everyone

Can any age dog can start in a club???? If so I have 2 10 month old pups. I live on the south/west side of Brisbane and I'm thinking about taking them to obedience and/or agility classes. So if any knows of any good clubs please let me know. Also how much does a class cost etc?

Thanks

Obedience clubs generally accept puppies any time after they've had their final puppy vaccinations. I'm not up when pups can start agility.

ANKC Obedience Clubs (some will do ANKC agility classes too)

- Ipswich Dog Obedience Club

- Jimboomba Dog Obedience Club

- Logan All Breeds Obedience

- Southside Dog Obedience Club

- Obedience Dog Club of Brisbane

ADAA (non ANKC agility)

Agility Dog Club Of Queensland - Tivoli

Brisbane Agility Dog Club - Carina

Generally you can start obedience classes once your puppies have had all their shots so you will be fine to join a club for that. A lot of agility classes won't take dogs under 12 months but there are some that do foundation classes for younger dogs.

For Obedience clubs in south/west brisbane there is: Brisbane Dog Obedience club at Oxley, Southside dog obedience club at Runcorn, Ipswich dog obedience club at Tivoli and Bonnies also runs obedience classes at Durack.

As for agility clubs there is: Qld dog agility club at Mt Gravatt, there is another dog sports club at tivoli and there is also vip dog sports down at Yatala.

Generally with most clubs you pay an annual membership fee (around $20-$50) and then a weekly training fee ($3-$10) for each week that you come to training. I would recommend that you do some basic obedience training before you start agility just to get a good level of control.

There may be a few other clubs that I've missed but if you do a search on the forum for brisbane clubs you'll probably be able to find one of the many other threads on this same topic with other suggested clubs.

I can really recommend the Agility Dog Club of Queensland out at Tivoli. Not too far up the road if you are at Durack. We train on a Sunday night. Your pups could do the foundation work - starts off as obedience, but with an agility focus to it rather than classic heel on the left etc.

Have also trained at the South Side Dog Obedience Club at Runcorn and found them to be pretty good as well. It's just that I'm not into obedience really, otherwise we'd still be there.

Good luck in your quest.

Cheers.

Tony

Hi Tony

The foundation work sounds really interesting, I must find some more information about it. Thanks

I suggest you hurry up coz the new 8 week course starts this Sun.

(and yes I train there and I recommend it highly)

Hi Tony

The foundation work sounds really interesting, I must find some more information about it. Thanks

I haven't been for a couple of weeks - how have you and your puppies been going?

Hi Tony

I haven't been for a couple of weeks - how have you and your puppies been going?

We are good :laugh: The mock agility trial we had a week ago was great fun! Such a pity you missed it :cheer:

We are contemplating coming to the frisbee comp this Sunday. Are you going?