Diet Suppliments For Pappy Lab

CharlieBrown

Hi,

I have a 12 week old female Lab and have been feeding her Tuckertime Chicken&Veg roll and Eukanuba Large breed Puppy biscuits.

Should I be adding anything else to her diet?

I've read some older threads and people mention oils and other tablets.

Thanks.

I feed mine a kibble but i also add human grade mince (beef, lamb).. u can buy home brand Sardines with oil ... u can add thats also, mine get one tin between the 2 once a week,

I also sometimes give em raw pumkin..

Edited by SeaMonKeY

Your little puppy is GORGOUS :rofl: I have a chocolate lab too who is now two years old and a black lab that is ten months old.

I also give my lab puppy sardines once a week. I have also given my dogs fish oil tablets every couple of days.

As for food, he started off with the food that the breeder recomended and was feeding him and then i slowly changed him to dry biscuits (for large breeds) and fresh meat (kangeroo, lamb, beef or chicken) and organs (heart or kidney). Now that he is older i have been giving him some lamb necks to chew on so that his teeth and gums stay clean and healthy.

Dont add anything to his diet just yet. Euka has enough of the growing things he needs. Sardines wont hurt but there is enough minerals etc in his complete dry food. Overdoing things can cause problems with growth. Dont forget, not too much running and jumping too early :rofl:

I woudl wait until they were a year old to feed them once a day. My preference is not to feed my dogs only dry food but to give them meat as well since they love it so much. Some dogs might get bored with getting the same dried food everyday.

I woudl wait until they were a year old to feed them once a day. My preference is not to feed my dogs only dry food but to give them meat as well since they love it so much. Some dogs might get bored with getting the same dried food everyday.

I feed as much meat, on the bone, on the hoof, fur included as I can. I supplement with a biscuit that has no artificial ANYTHING, because I can't access enough fresh meat. Plenty of bones, as long as they are not pork, and have very little fat, I believe, are what keeps dogs interested in life.

I make a bit of a party for the dogs, by giving them a fish oil capsule once a week. They once resisted taking them-------------Yuk!!! They now love them, and they can be used for training, as long as you make sure each dog only gets one fish oil cap per session, otherwise it could be hard to judge how much they each get if you have a few dogs. I'm quite sure my Hoovers have scoffed more than one or two during a session where I've had dogs new to them leave them on the floor, but no side effects so far.

Don't use the "smell free" tabs as they seem to have citrus in them. I don't know for sure, it just smells that way to me. They are the odorless capsules. If you are buying the big containers for you and your dogs, just get the regular ones that smell like fish-----they are more attractive to dogs lol!!