Puppy Weeing And Walking At The Same Time!

RockyLover

hey i have a foster doggie who like to wee and walk at the same time. this is not a problem outside....but when he comes inside (lots and lots) its defintely a problem. he is not completely house trained yet and we only rescued him when he was 4months old (staffy cross) so we dont know what previosu owners did with him. So inside he wont ever go on the carpet but loves to go in the hallway. he will start at one end...start weeing like a girl then he will start walking whilst still weeing like a girl leaving wee all up the hallway for as far as he can make it go...it seems!!!! lol

does anyone have any suggestions???????

I suggest that you crate train your puppy and confine him to a crate whenever you're not able to supervise him. Take the dog outside after waking, after playing, after eating and about every hour in between and stay with the puppy until he goes even if it takes an hour, then lots and lots of praise. Vigilance and consistency are the keys to successful toilet training. BTW all puppies, male or female, squat when they are babies.

I suggest that you crate train your puppy and confine him to a crate whenever you're not able to supervise him. Take the dog outside after waking, after playing, after eating and about every hour in between and stay with the puppy until he goes even if it takes an hour, then lots and lots of praise. Vigilance and consistency are the keys to successful toilet training. BTW all puppies, male or female, squat when they are babies.

thanks sool...didnt know about the squatting thing not being gender specific in pups. yeah we might have to try that i think with the crate....he just doesnt like being in there and winges alot so its difficult when i know he hates it....i thought there might be another way that i dont know about

Who are you fostering for?

I hope you are in touch with them

yes i am definately in touch with them every day!!!! just was looking for anyone who had this problem thats it! i have already recieved advice about it but not from anyone who has had the same thing.

hey i have a foster doggie who like to wee and walk at the same time. this is not a problem outside....but when he comes inside (lots and lots) its defintely a problem. he is not completely house trained yet and we only rescued him when he was 4months old (staffy cross) so we dont know what previosu owners did with him. So inside he wont ever go on the carpet but loves to go in the hallway. he will start at one end...start weeing like a girl then he will start walking whilst still weeing like a girl leaving wee all up the hallway for as far as he can make it go...it seems!!!! lol

does anyone have any suggestions???????

haha! sorry, I had to check the name of the poster to make sure i hadnt done it myself, I had such a strong feeling of de ja vu reading this. I have a puppy too (staffy cross) that I rescued at about 4 months. She would love going on the carpet tho, and she loves to walk while peeing.. so it can be a tad hard sometimes to keep her on the paper to do her thing. She was extremely stubborn though, she would not house train. spent 2-3 months just treating her when she used the paper, and ignoring her if she did it anywhere else. Didnt work. She would still use the paper maybe one time during the day, if I was lucky..

I ended up rubbing her nose in it if she did it elsewhere. Worked within 2 days. Yeah she has had 2 or 3 accidents in the past 3 weeks, but that is nothing. She just seemed to need some negative reinforcement to go along with her treats for doing it in the right place. Now, even when we go out to the store, leaving her home alone, she will still use the paper.

Dogs are smart, they'll figure it out. My kids always scream at me if they see her use the paper, or the floor, and will say "The dog peed on the paper!" or "The dog peed on the floor!" Puppy has come to know the difference between the two, and will react accordingly when they scream it. If it is half on paper, half on floor, and they say floor, she reacts like floor, but looks to me still, questioningly, and if I say "that's not the floor, thats paper!" She immediately gets all happy and proud. She understands more than I would have expected.

good luck, and take care.