How Many Gsd's Do Agility?

Well,one og my gsd's are starting agility tonight,well not exactly as they run a 3 week relationship class first but just wondered how many people with gsd's do agility.Do they take to it easily?

I know of a couple of GSD's that have their masters titles but they are not a common breed in agility.

The can look slow but because of their size they are travelling faster than they appear to.

The bigger the dog (I have seen a Great Dane compete) the more care you must take to make sure that you teach it to jump correctly. They are not as agile as the small to medium size breeds. Plenty of practice at lower heights initially and concentrate on direction control rather than worry about jumping the full height.

Well,one og my gsd's are starting agility tonight,well not exactly as they run a 3 week relationship class first but just wondered how many people with gsd's do agility.Do they take to it easily?

King does agility once a month with our obedience club and he loves it :thumbsup:

I have been talking to a few GSD people at obedience, most think they are too big and heavy to do well in agility and don't want to put the stress on their joints. Diesel loves the tunnel and open channel weaves we have been doing, jumps he can take or leave it at the moment, but I am not doing it seriously with him, he is accident prone and um not the most coordinated of my doggies :thumbsup: but I don't want him to feel he misses out on the fun!

However, I have seen some youtube vids of GSDs that were really good, so they can do it.

Edited by Kavik