Raw Food Advice

Sasha is a 7.1kg Cavalier and currently getting 1 BARF pattie a day (split into 2 meals). Does that sound about right? I'd also like to add more variety to her diet but I'm afraid of overfeeding her. She's at an okay weight at the moment, could probably afford to be a smudge leaner but she's so food oriented and hungry all the time that I feel like a meanie if I cut it down. I only started raw feeding a few months ago and I don't really feel like I know what I'm doing. :(

Am I on the right track? Any tips?

ETA: If I feed sardines a few times a week to increase her oils and improve her coat, do I need to cut back in other ways?

Edited by Maiko

Sasha is a 7.1kg Cavalier and currently getting 1 BARF pattie a day (split into 2 meals). Does that sound about right? I'd also like to add more variety to her diet but I'm afraid of overfeeding her. She's at an okay weight at the moment, could probably afford to be a smudge leaner but she's so food oriented and hungry all the time that I feel like a meanie if I cut it down. I only started raw feeding a few months ago and I don't really feel like I know what I'm doing. :(

Am I on the right track? Any tips?

ETA: If I feed sardines a few times a week to increase her oils and improve her coat, do I need to cut back in other ways?

I think it sounds like a bit much.....I have seen the Billinghurst patties years ago, and 1 of them a day would be too much for mine. 7kg is an ideal weight so if you can maintain that you are laughing!

I woudl be inclined to feed half a one a day & some chicken necks , are you feeding any bone ?