Terry's Got A Lump?

Katdogs

How long does a needle reaction lump take to come up, then go away again, in a small dog?

Terry was vaccinated C3 about 7 weeks ago, then C6 about 5 weeks ago. He also probably had antibiotics etc for desexing and kennel cough at the same time.

I've been brushing him, stroking him, checking him over for injuries because he plays with the big dogs, so if there was a lump previously I'm sure it would have been noticed.

Just in the last two days I've noticed a lump about marble-sized on top of one shoulder, about the place a needle would go in. Vet tried last night to get suck a sample out of it but not successful - he squealed and wriggled (and w

ee'd!) so much even with three people in the room we didn't want to stress him any more. So we're giving the lump a couple of weeks to see what happens.

The only needle reaction I've seen was in a cat, where the lump came up within two days and stayed for a long time, months I think, and I rarely had him vaccinated after his first two adult needles.

Does anyone have experience with these sorts of lumps?

Sorry, I got my numbers wrong. He's a poundie. C6 on 22 June at Renbury, then C5 on 15 July after release to rescue. Desexed a week later, then he came to me for fostering. He's about 11 months old now, so we won't worry about yearly vaccs for another full year.

I just wasn't aware that it could take six weeks for the reaction lump to come up? I thought it was faster than that.