6 Month Old Cav

katzz

Hello all and sorry i know toilet training has been done thousand times but couldnt find one that helped me so sorry again for the same topic!!!

i have 2 lovely cav's a male that is 3yrs old and perfect lovely dog he is so nice and well behaved a real sweety, and we got a little friend for him a female that i got at 8wks of age and is now 6 months old and doesnt seem to get the whole toilet thing well i think she does if i let her out she goes and i give her heaps of prace now that has stopped , i found she still couldnt hold it through the night so i changed the feed time from morning to night an that seem to work well but then she still went and did poos under my daughters bed yuk!!!!

now she seems to have stopped that at the moment but has gone back to the night and now worst all day it is raining at the moment and she runs outside then back in and then goes 10mins after what the she was just outside but doesnt seem to go unless i look her out there for a while but normally with the other dog i just leave the door open and he comes in when he is ready and thats that, so basicly she is all over the place with it its like a child going through phase they stop one and start the next but my cav ziris phases are all about toilet issues.

i have tryed everything i could think of but nothing seems to work or it does for alittle while then she moves on to another prob with toilet training WHAT NEXT!!!

any ideas would be lovely

thank you you for taking the time to read my problem

katzz

I think you need to take a few steps back..

Take her out and stay with her until she goes.

Take her out when she wakes, after meals and after play.

I think it's safe to say that she doesn't have a clear idea of what's required. If you've been expecting her to last through the night since you got her, I think that expectation was unrealistic.

You could consider introducing her to crate training but that would require more effort to take her out. You could also consider a dog door.