Poo Eating Puppy?

Melissa4

My puppy is 4.5 months old.

He went missing for a month and now he is back I've seen him try and eat his poo once or twice.

I just told him no and cleaned it up ASAP.

Any ideas why this would be happening??? Any ideas how to stop it????

I'm thinking that when he was gone if he got hungry he ate his poo???

All advice welcome!!

Thanks

Yup, just be really dillegent with cleaning up his poop.

Also get a high quality dry food (Advance, Eagle Pack Holistic, Artemis etc), you will have less poop because there is not as much waste product. Have a look under the nutrition thread you will find some good advise on what to feed him there.

Trina

Yup, just be really dillegent with cleaning up his poop.

Also get a high quality dry food (Advance, Eagle Pack Holistic, Artemis etc), you will have less poop because there is not as much waste product. Have a look under the nutrition thread you will find some good advise on what to feed him there.

Trina

Besides everything else mentioned here, try adding unsweetened pineapple juice to their meal. Pour a bit over their meal. Dogs usually love the taste of this juice on their meal BUT when it passes through their digestive system, the resultant stools are very, very unattractive. Once bitten, twice shy from then on.

This tip is a favourite on the Pet Vet Radio Show with Vet Rob Zammit in Australia. (2GB Sydney on a thursday night about 8PM).

Besides everything else mentioned here, try adding unsweetened pineapple juice to their meal. Pour a bit over their meal. Dogs usually love the taste of this juice on their meal BUT when it passes through their digestive system, the resultant stools are very, very unattractive. Once bitten, twice shy from then on.

This tip is a favourite on the Pet Vet Radio Show with Vet Rob Zammit in Australia. (2GB Sydney on a thursday night about 8PM).

I agree with the pineapple in their food. My Boxer was also a poo eater and I started adding crushed pineapple to her dinner (Raw chicken mince + vegies) which she loved and it stopped her eating her poo. You are luck if yours own eats it while outside, Cleo started to bring it in the house as snacks.....lol

Glad you got your baby back.

Good Luck