Pics From Mac Iphoto To Dol

polomum

Hi.....

I'm struggling with the pic thing........

Can anyone give me a step by step remedial chart on how to get pics from iPhoto to DOL....

I even thought I posted this topic on here yesterday......and now I can't find it :thumbsup:

Had a friend help me with this last summer and still can't remember....it seems like real hard work.....

I hate it when you see an absolute newbie post pics of their pooches in their very first post......frustrating for me.....

Hope someone smart can help.....PLEASE.....

..... Hope someone smart can help....

While we wait for a smart person (Luke or another Mac user might have a much better way) this is fairly easy for starters -

Open a Photo Bucket account at www.photobucket.com - it is easy, it is free, it will talk you through how to get started.

Once you've done that, there's a "load photos" browse button. That takes you back to your computer's shots, select iPhoto (might have to fossick around to find it in your menus) or you can use your Bridge library if using CS Bridge and PhotoShop. Just scroll through your shots list til you come to the one you want - maybe have its IMG or DSC No. jotted down to remind you. Click on it, click on "select" and it will upload the image to PhotoBucket, bit slow sometimes if doing a few at a time.

Once it is in PhotoBucket you can edit it again if you like, and adjust size: I'll put a square format here - made it 500 x 500. If you've done an edit, go back to Library of your thumbnails in PhotoBucket. You'll see a list of options below each thumbnail. Click on the last one that starts "IMG" which will automatically copy that line.

Now go to the DoL or whichever forum, set up your reply or new topic space, and where you want the image have your cursor there and click edit/paste (top left of screen) and that line will appear. Key in your extra text and click "Preview Post" to bring up image to see if size etc are okay. If happy with it, click "Add Reply". Bingo.

PhotoBucket is not the only way but it works well. So we looks forward to some Polo Shots, and I apologises for not getting back to you again yonks back about a camera question, what did you end up going with??

DSC_5694copy.jpg

Thanks heaps guys for your responses........Too late for me to come to grips with it now but will try later tomorrow and see if I can work it all out....

PossumCorner we have been under a bit of financial pressure for the last 6 months or so and have not been able to take the plunge and purchase the new camera as yet......we live in SA at the moment and have made the decision to move to QLD where my son lives and the sun shines for a few more months than down here and polo is played all year round !!!!

We have decided to go with the Nikon D300 as we take alot of horse (polo) and therefore very fast and dog pics (moving) as well......will then have to save up for some fast good glass but I have an old lens I can use to start with that's meant to be worth holding onto......

Looking forward to finishing the house we're living in here in country SA and selling and then moving to QLD......could take some time I know.......

Now.....off for sum shuteye so my brain can get around putting pics on DOL......Thanks guys...

Think it's the Mac part that's hard !!!!! (Well.....that's my excuse)

Thanks heaps guys for your responses........Too late for me to come to grips with it now but will try later tomorrow and see if I can work it all out....

PossumCorner we have been under a bit of financial pressure for the last 6 months or so and have not been able to take the plunge and purchase the new camera as yet......we live in SA at the moment and have made the decision to move to QLD where my son lives and the sun shines for a few more months than down here and polo is played all year round !!!!

We have decided to go with the Nikon D300 as we take alot of horse (polo) and therefore very fast and dog pics (moving) as well......will then have to save up for some fast good glass but I have an old lens I can use to start with that's meant to be worth holding onto......

Looking forward to finishing the house we're living in here in country SA and selling and then moving to QLD......could take some time I know.......

Now.....off for sum shuteye so my brain can get around putting pics on DOL......Thanks guys...

Think it's the Mac part that's hard !!!!! (Well.....that's my excuse)

I have also always used Photobucket. I just upload from the Mac and then I can access the pics from anywhere. i also use it to send pics of the kids to their grandparents in the UK it's a great way of sharing images.