Sick Pug

Madeleine

We got home from work thisafternoon and Zara was shivering/shaking - really bad, didn't say much of a hello and didn't want to jump up which is extremely unusual - and no kisses - even more unusual....so it was off to the vet - he doesn't really know what's wrong with her...checked her all over, and pretty much we've come up with a fever and a sore tummy - but no vomiting or diarhoea. So she got an ibuprofin shot and a couple of ibuprofin to come home with and 24 hours observation.....(looks like she is coming to work tomorrow - my patients will be impressed :thumbsup:) A couple of days ago - I'm not sure with the wind etc over here or someone 'dropped' it into our yard....there was about a third of a polysterene cup from boost juice (they're quite large) that both Koto and her must've eaten. She's still doing normal poos and wees...and she's not dehydrated - but am thinking that would most likely be the problem (but Koto is fine....)....don't think she's poisened as we don't have any around...and if someone was trying to bait them surely Koto wouldn't be well either - and Zara would be sicker.....Any thoughts?

We're in WA - she hasn't had much contact with other dogs lately....she's not got the runs or vomits though (have just been checking the yard AGAIN). She's perked up a lot since the ibuprofin shot - hasn't eaten much dinner at all (EXTREMELY out of character....not that she can't stand to skip a meal or two :thumbsup:)

When my boy was sick he only threw up once or twice a day and went to the toilet normally but his poo was runny.

He actually refused any treats (which is very un pug like) and I had to cuddle with him for about half an hour to make him stop shaking at one particular time.