Good No Grain/corn/meat Meal Dog Food Brands

Alright I am looking for a new kind of dog food! At the moment I have been feeding a brand that is a step up from proplan. After some suggestions to change my dog food I am now on the hunt for no grain/corn/meat meal food.

I looked at Call of the wild, natures choice and while I would LOVE! to fed Merrik I dont think it is in my price range.... so I am still open for suggetions.

Guest june.andnovas
I feed Calafornia Natural Herring and Sweet Potato to my girl with allergies.

correct me if i'm wrong but are you in Perth .. WA?

Is Calafornia Natural Herring actual herring or a prepared dry food?

meat 'meal' is the processed form of fresh meat. Meat by product meal is what you should be aiming to avoid. I have an issue with Pro Plan it is horribly full of fillers and do not use fresh meat.

Try Royal Canin :eek: been using it for years

i did see the Calafornia Natural Herring but doesnt it have sunflower oil? I THINK I read something about that not being great for dogs...

Net- thanks for clearing the meat meal thing up for me. Is Royal Canin grain free?

Nope, Royal Canin has grains. I used to feed it to my dogs but found other dry foods that work much better for us (smaller and less smelly poops, more shiny and soft coat etc).

Yes I am in Perth......

and it was a matter of finding something without beef, lamb, corn or wheat in it and most dry foods have at least one of these.

She is basically fed BARF with bickies on the odd occassion - so I am not concerned about the sunflower oil.

Guest june.andnovas

i've found it is impossible to buy dry food in pet food stores (city farmers etc) that doesn't have grains or meat by-products/meal.

Ptolomy do you own cats that are on orijen?