Help!

Tobias

Hi Guys,

We got Floyd in tuesday and he was fit and happy a little runny nose but thought it was just a cold. Couple days ago he had a little cough and we thought great little bugger has a bad cold. Last night he was wezzing and snoty (yellow then). This morning we put him in the car and took him to our wonderful vet. He said he thinks he has the begining of pneumonia! He put him on antibiotics and meds to brake up the flem. We have to used a nebulizer and do this little chest clapping exercise to brake the mucus up. Has anyone ever had a 14w old pup get this?? Any advice would be most helpful. Any BBD breeders or owners please advise if there are any bulldog susp things to do?

Thanks

Jen :thumbsup:

Pneumonia/Respiratory problems are common in BBD and you need to be careful, especially with a baby. Where did you get him, if from a breeder then chat to them, did he fly to you? The snotty nose can easily get inhaled as their throat structure is quite unique and predisposes them to lots of respiratory problems. Keep up the nebulising and best of luck!

Hi everyone, Yes I emailed the breeder as soon as I got home from the vet, will call tomarrow if they don't respond via email. He came from a very good reg breeder so I'm sure they will contact us soon. He did fly to me from Canbarra, I'm in Perth. The poor little guy is eating and drinking fine and playing a bit but you can tell he feels a bit yuck. I'll be up all night keeping an eye on him. Thanks for the advice and well wishes guys. :laugh: