Monthly Worm-prevention Treatment

I give my dogs the Advocate monthly treatment, but being the doofus that i am :thumbsup: , i forgot about this month's dose and i'm now about 2 weeks late ;). So do i give them one now and the next one in another month's time? Or do i give them this dose then go back to the original schedule, i.e. give them their next one in 2 weeks?

I give my dogs the Advocate monthly treatment, but being the doofus that i am :thumbsup: , i forgot about this month's dose and i'm now about 2 weeks late ;). So do i give them one now and the next one in another month's time? Or do i give them this dose then go back to the original schedule, i.e. give them their next one in 2 weeks?

Give it to them now and don't stress, it's actually probably perfect timing. You really only need to worm for heartworm every 45 days, but they say monthly just to make it easier for people to remember. I only heartworm every 45 days, no point putting more chemicals in their body than needed.

I give my dogs the Advocate monthly treatment, but being the doofus that i am ;) , i forgot about this month's dose and i'm now about 2 weeks late :rofl:. So do i give them one now and the next one in another month's time? Or do i give them this dose then go back to the original schedule, i.e. give them their next one in 2 weeks?

Give it to them now and don't stress, it's actually probably perfect timing. You really only need to worm for heartworm every 45 days, but they say monthly just to make it easier for people to remember. I only heartworm every 45 days, no point putting more chemicals in their body than needed.

Really? I had no idea, that worked out well then :rofl:, thanks for the tip! :thumbsup:

WOW i didnt even know that awesome thank you

You need to keep in mind that you cannot forget if you do it every 45 days. If you go over the 45 days, your dog could get heartworm disease. So if there is a chance you could forget, like the OP, then it's best to stick to the once a month then you have a few week grace period each month.