Help/advice Needed

Our 5 year old Border Collie (dairy farm dog) x Golden Retriever, Kira, has recently become obsessed with our outdoor fish. She stands there all day "holding" the fish and the only time she stops is when I lock her in the dog pen and also at night time.

This behaviour started about 2 weeks before I had my baby and it's getting worse because now she's not eating unless we stand there and make her eat.

I would not say that much has changed since our baby was born, if anything the dogs get more attention because we are walking daily with our daughter and I'm home all day.

I have no idea how to stop this behaviour and I'm sure it's not healthy. Kira is very enthuastic about everything she does, obedience, herding, agility, tracking, flyball, free running down the river.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

The only thing I can suggest is that you create a visual barrier around the pond.. eg. black plastic. I would also reward her when she leaves the side of the pond.. try to distract her with a game perhaps?

I had to cover my fish tank when I first set it up as Lily had a similar fixation. Fortunately it wore off.

The only thing I can suggest is that you create a visual barrier around the pond.. eg. black plastic. I would also reward her when she leaves the side of the pond.. try to distract her with a game perhaps?

I had to cover my fish tank when I first set it up as Lily had a similar fixation. Fortunately it wore off.

Thanks for that suggestion, with my brain atm I would never have thought of a barrier. Will get hubby onto it!