Barb From Tassie

IF, I manage to talk enough people into going to Tassie for the inaugural flyball comp in June next year, where would we get accommodation? I only stay in places that let my dogs (2) stay inside with me, remembering that they are non-shed, non-smell type dogs.

Any suggestions?

Noels.

Hi Noels

The one place I know of off the top of my head is Pioneer Cottage (I think it's called) in New Norfolk - abouit 35 minutes from Hobart. A girl from WA stayed there with her dog earlier in the year, and said it was lovely.

I'll try to remember to talk to the flyball people at the Club, and get them on the case. I'm like you - I've got to the stage where I like to be able to have the dogs inside with me - although they cope if they have to sleep in the car for a night or two.

I'll PM you with the email addy of one of the organizers - so I don't have to rely on my memory :love: .

Cheers -

Hi Jez

Flyball is run at Hobart Canine Obedience Club - Sunday mornings on the Domain - lower Cross Roads Oval - I think start time is about 10.30.

They're doing a demo at the Show on Friday sometime.

I'll PM you a contact.

(I was allowing navigation time as well - and roadworks time - and fog and ice time for June - better they get a longer estimate than a shorter one. :( )

:eek: Actually, fog and ice tend to start a little bit later in the year. June can have some absolutely lovely settled weather - sunny and blue skies - and not so much wind - but it can be cold - you'll need your polar fleece and merino thermals :) .

Jez - it's usually the small Crossroads oval - the upper one, not the lower one - sorry - I wasn't thinking. Anyway, you'll see them.