Tracking In Summer

Hey Guys,

I'm exploring things to do with the doggles. Once...a long, long time ago, I used to do a little bit of tracking. Lucky me lived in an area where there was plenty of open fields and green grass where not too many people frequented. (yay for the country).

These days live in a different climate....and not too much access to nice lovely green grass or places where 101 people haven't already traipsed before I've got my sleepy butt out of bed.

What do you guys do to keep it happening in the warmer months?

And has any one tried it on the beach?

remember the hot ground also impacts on the workability of the dog. ALso inhaling sand is not really that pleasant. the top layer of sand blows around so you might have a very confused and sore nosed dog tracking on loose sand, and water isnt the best retainer of scent at all.

Radiant heat will also dehydrate and the dogs nose loses the ability to scent a lot faster. You wil go from straight-ish line to more side to side and double backing or the dog may give up.

Hi Dory the Doted One

We are continuing to train over the summer. We have a hot climate here in Rocky. just means we are having to start at first light.

Snakes are a problem, taking extra care.

If snakes are a concern, article work or turns practice are good to do in smaller parks. Early before to much other activity. But the x-track practice is still handy if they beat you.

Graeme