Another Staffy With A Skin Condition

There seems to be some very knowledgable people on this forum.................so I'm hoping they'll be able to give me some advice/help.

I did take her to the vet about 6 weeks ago with her condition.

These are her symptoms: under belly black, red around the anus and she is losing hair on the side of her body, so it also looks black. She's not really that itchy and overall she does not appear bothered with her condition. But her coat does look unsightly. It's looks as if she rolled in something. Vet said it was a yeast infection due to a low immune system and to put her on a raw diet. Her diet and that time was kibble (no grain) and fresh bones. I have now stopped the kibble completely and she's just on raw with supplements. But there is still no improvment to her overall skin condition. I do plan to take her back to the vet, but I'd just thought I'd ask here first as some of you may have gone through a similiar problem with your own dogs.

Cheers :thumbsup:

I also put her on Claratyne and bought Malaseb to wash her.

hmmmmmmmm! has there been any improvement at all?

did you have any blood tests done esp thyroid ( full panel not just T4)?

and lastly what are you feeding now?

cheers

H

No improvement at all and no testing was done for a thyroid condition. Have continued feeding her a raw diet..........no kibble at all. Will take her along to another vet for a second opinion.

Thanks for responding.

Cheers

Bonniescot I'm really impressed that your vet suggested a RAW diet.......hardly ever does that happen.....they always suggest whatever dry kibble they sell at their clinic.....!!!!!!

If you PM me your email address I can send through some information on skin issues from a holistic vet in Perth (very lengthy report)...

Your doggies look gorgeous by the way!!!!

Bonniescot I'm really impressed that your vet suggested a RAW diet.......hardly ever does that happen.....they always suggest whatever dry kibble they sell at their clinic.....!!!!!!

If you PM me your email address I can send through some information on skin issues from a holistic vet in Perth (very lengthy report)...

Your doggies look gorgeous by the way!!!!

Thank you Polomum have sent you a PM.

Cheers

I'm going to ask the obvious.. Did the vet take skin scrapings ?

Thanks for your response................no scrapings were taken.

I am going to take her along this week to another vet for a second opinion.

Cheers

Rule out both mange mites first. It's normally the first thing to do with an itchy dog with hair loss. :(

Keep up the raw too, it can sometimes take a while for the balance to shift in the dogs favour