Revolution

kleintjie

I have a 4 month old cavalier. She can be itchy at times scratches her face, sides and bites her back and front paws.

I've changed her food to limit grains and I've also noted weather can change her itchiness. If it's dry and windy she'll itch more.

Her itching was more under control. Today I applied Revolution on her neck. There is no reaction at the site I applied but I think she is biting at her paws and scratching at her sides more.

Is this possible?

I used Revolution late last week, and my dog is scratching madly too.

He also has some fleas, which is annoying, and I have given him a capstar.

Maybe the itch has nothing to do with Revolution but maybe the weather?

Would be interested to know, like most flea products it is not cheap, and one expects it to work.

Guest june.andnovas

I bought revolution for Ivy and it didn't help the fleas at all. Feel like I have wasted $80!! Wouldn't get it again.

I've since bathed her in Neem oil and sprayed/vacuumed my carpets and now adding garlic to her meals and that seems to be helping.

I used Revolution late last week, and my dog is scratching madly too.

He also has some fleas, which is annoying, and I have given him a capstar.

Maybe the itch has nothing to do with Revolution but maybe the weather?

Would be interested to know, like most flea products it is not cheap, and one expects it to work.

mmmmmn. am thinking.... I applied advocate to my 7month old pup and gave him capstarat same time and he went nuts for 1/2 hr or so. Don't know which caused it. It was as tho his skin was crawling and he couldn't shake off whatwas biting him and I was wondering if the fleas were going ape sh.. which made him crazy. My cats hate the spot ons, whichever I use as did my old lab...they all ran amile if they got a whiff when I popped the top off.

I too am not happy with Revolution, doesnt seem to be working, as there alwsys seem to be fleas, and of course scratching.

I have used capstar to supplement it.

I was reccommended Sentinel today and the dog seemed to be flea free, unlike mine.

All these products are very expensive, worth it if they work, but annoying if they dont.

If your pet has fleas, then when you put the top spot on, or give them a capstar, there is often a time when the fleas go into excitment before they die, which causes them to bite like mad etc. So it's quite common to see dogs and cats get quite itchy within about 24-48 hours of a treatment.

Best thing you can do if fleas are bad is use a combination of products - one that kills adults and one that effects the growth cycles, eg. sentinal/revolution with capstar/advantage.

For the original poster I would go and get some Claratyne (human antihistaime tablets) from the chemist and give her a quater or half a tablet a day for a few days. Should stop the itching.

For those with fleas have you made sure you have flea bombed your house and washed all bedding and other materials. You also may need to try and flea bomb your backyard. If you take your dogs in your car there also could be fleas in there.

Bloody revolution- completely useless on my dog. (didnt make her itch though)

Have just today started her on Advocate- I read more positive feedback on this than anything else.

I just dont understand why these topical products seem to be pretty much the same but work with differing efficacy on different dogs.

This had better work- Im sick of spending big money for nothing. :o

In addition to the revolution I have sprayed my yard, house and flea powdered bedding. Still fleas- once the capstar wears off.

Dont want to fleabomb, my house and yard is too small and I have kids.