Behaviour After Desexing

Ulfhednar

I have a female foster dog with me at the moment who was desexed on Thursday of last week.

She has been kennelled and has spend the last 6mths with a male companion and there has been no issues.

Since her op she was been very snappy and dominant with the boy and is generally not behaving like her normal happy self.

In the last couple of days she has taken to burying her food and not letting the boy eat. He is quite submissive with her so there haven't been

any major scuffles between the two of them.

Her scar doesn't not look red or sore so I am wondering if it is just hormonal??

Has anyone else had a girl act like this after desexing?

Hi, I am having similar issues with my male dog who was desexed last friday. He is normally submisive but the last coulpe of days has become very dominant. While out walking he has taken to barking and lunging at every dog that passes. He has never done that before. I have taken to making him sit until the dog has passed and then continued walking. I am hoping it will all settled down in the next 6 to 8 weeks.

Hope your girl settles down too.

they are probably still a bit sore and need some time out. Its quite a procedure for a dog and her hormones will be all over the place.

If you are the boss you wont have problems. Dont fuss over them but give them a bit of space

they are probably still a bit sore and need some time out. Its quite a procedure for a dog and her hormones will be all over the place.

If you are the boss you wont have problems. Dont fuss over them but give them a bit of space

Thanks for the advice.

They are both foster dogs so they have only been with me for a short time.

I might keep them seperate until she calms down.