Tid - K9 Force In Here!

mcq

Ok, so I know I don't have my program yet but I have been working with Loki since the seminar just adding those few little tweaks to stop him biting me....

I must have done something wrong - he doesn't want the tug at all now!!!! What do I do?!?!? :laugh:

Possibly corrected/hurt him when he bit the tug?

ETA: I've done tons wrong with Montu :) I'd be way further ahead than I am if I hadn't. I'm building his pen this weekend :laugh: (I've got my program, started it this morning and already have questions for Steve :cheer:)

Edited by Lord Midol

Actually, I'm not sure it's anything I did....

This morning I tried again, he was doing ok but not flash. I gave him the "break" and he flew off like a bullet to the kennels (a LOOOONG way from where we were training). I called him back - which he usually does top speed if he decides to do it at all (it's all or nothing for him). He dropped the tug and came back at a lope. Behaving really strangely :laugh: so I gave up with him and went to do some with my older bitch who I know inside out and she's acting up too!!! :):cheer:

She kept trying to get into his kennel so I did a bit of counting in my head - she's in the perfect "ripe" time of her season. Unfortunately, it's not his prey drive that dropped but his sex drive taken over :shakehead:

At least this is what I'm deducing... K9 may have another insight. I knew Chani was in season so I have been doing all sessions with Loki up at the house - way away from where Chani is but I guess he still knows and smells her.

I'm hoping it's this.... Because I tried to get him right up in drive this morning and he bit me again - badly this time, I think he's broken a bone in my hand. I really don't want to have to go back to building him right up again and risking blood and bone. I was really enjoying the tweaks Steve made to our sessions - everything was running much more smoothly. I REALLY have to get that tie back if I do have to go to that.

The tie back would have been the first thing I would have done with Loki as he has such great drive. Your saftey must always come first.

The power of a bitch in full season is the most powerful thing and I am sure you will find it nearly impossible to get any sense out of him while the bitch in anywhere near him.

Remember you hold the key to what turns him on, that includes Chani, whether he is to be mated to her or not.

Keep us updated on how your going.

:laugh:

:love: yeah I know - I REALLY need to get a good tie back but having trouble finding something suitable... what I'm MORE worried about is forgetting what I've learned whilst I'm waiting to put it into practise.

I've decided to "practise" with my younger pup until Chani and Loki are over their little hormonal issues - he's taken to howling in frustration at not being able to get to her now :( so I have given up trying to get his attention back on me. *sigh* only a week to go and they should be over it.

Thats called Old Age

Hey? I didn't think of myself as old YET :D Ah, I guess aging is inevitable - my brain must be going first.