Itchy N Scratchy!

Guest RosieFT

Rosie get rid of her plastic bowl and replace it with a metal one. Some dogs can be allergic to plastic.

If she is 5kg then give her half a Claratyne a day for the next week and a bit. My ex foster pug pup is under 5kg in weight and is on half a Claratyne a day, oked with the vet, and it has cleared up her problems. Claratyne is one of the safest antihistamines as it doesn't transfer into the CNS.

Try the Claratyne first.

Human drugs do not work the same on dogs as they do on people. I would not give my dogs antihistamines no matter how bad their rash is. There is no way you can work out a corrrect dose or even if it works on them.

My vet said No Way to my discussion on antihistamines.

Um your vet is seriously out of date when it comes to things. Many drugs given to animals are actually human drugs. Many vets prescribe antihistamines and also suggest to people to go to the chemist to get the human ones.

What exactly does your vet suggest then?

Rosie get rid of her plastic bowl and replace it with a metal one. Some dogs can be allergic to plastic.

If she is 5kg then give her half a Claratyne a day for the next week and a bit. My ex foster pug pup is under 5kg in weight and is on half a Claratyne a day, oked with the vet, and it has cleared up her problems. Claratyne is one of the safest antihistamines as it doesn't transfer into the CNS.

Try the Claratyne first.

Human drugs do not work the same on dogs as they do on people. I would not give my dogs antihistamines no matter how bad their rash is. There is no way you can work out a corrrect dose or even if it works on them.

My vet said No Way to my discussion on antihistamines.

Um your vet is seriously out of date when it comes to things. Many drugs given to animals are actually human drugs. Many vets prescribe antihistamines and also suggest to people to go to the chemist to get the human ones.

What exactly does your vet suggest then?

Ok, I have got the same advice from two vets last year. It may have changed since then.

My vet gave them 'roids which I didn't like but I no longer treat their allergies with drugs as the salt water works beautifully. Also mine are clearly contact allergy from grass as they only get it in spring.

BP