Update On Elroy

BDog

Hi all!

Firstly, thank you for all helping out earlier (in the "Need Help With My Dog?" thread)

Elroy and I went to the vet yesterday so he could meet the new vet and have a check up... He is going back in on Tuesday morning to spend the day to have full blood work done, chushings disease tests, thyroid re-checked, another test beginning with 'H' which I dont remember and cartrophen injections. The vet said he's in a pretty bad way with everything and also informed me that not only does he have a heart murmur, kidney disease, calcium oxalate stones, arthritis, is 5 kilos overweight... but also has some sort of liver disease. My poor little man :love:

Good news though, Elroy first weighed in at 10.1 kilos, but is now 9.7 kilos! So we are making great progress! I am trying to get him to be a little more active to ease up his very stiff joints and lose some weight... But doing it very gently so not to hurt his ticker.

He's gone mad pulling his fur out and now had a lot of bald patches due to a skin condition... The poor little man, it just seems like nothing is right for him :rofl:

I am not assuming he will make any sort of full recovery, but hopefully with my efforts he will be more comfortable for the rest of his days... He's just in so much pain all the time, but still manages to always have a smile on his face and wag his tail and (try) to jump around with excitement...!

Here is Roy next to one of my other bubs... (at 10.1 kilos, and she is 4)

1-7.jpg

Every 2 weeks I will take a new photo of him and compare it with that, so if anyone's interested, let me know and I will post them up for u!

good effort.. loosing any weight will be good for the old fellow... re the liver problems on top of eveything els.. I would be consulting witha good holistic vet.. I feel he need a good work up and support for what recovery is possible ( my Lucinda gets st marys thistle for her liver )

cheers

Helen