Itchy Dog

My Staffy gets a seasonal itch every year, I am giving her Avil Tablets daily but would like some suggestions on what to bath her with.

Can you use Pinetarsol? Or one of the Ego products. There must be something in the Garden that Triggers it as she only gets it for a couple of months of the year and then she is fine the rest of the time.

The dog stuff I think is called malasab ???. Wash them in that and leave on for 10 minutes.

I take the dogs to the ocean (salt water) for a swim once a week and this keeps it well under control - and its fun :confused:

Also try rinsing the dogs feet and belly after being in the garden.

There are lost of recent threads on the subject. Try a search on contact allergy.

Have fun :shrug:

ususally grass

the best stuff recommended by westie mum - big thread somewhere under health etc, with lots good info

i have a whippy who gets a rash that weeps on her tum - Evening primrose oil (EPO) shampoo vet grade initially then normal grade - Smells good and is great if the humans have eczema on their hands, have been reports about it helping heaps

Basically if she looks red I bath her and by the next morning she is a happier whippy

Love the stuff - if you are in Melb then Groomers they also give great advice, there is an EPO supplement as well. or if in Bris then Prestige pets stock it. It works out cheap

However initially you may have to wash her every 4 days and they do recommed blow drying, I don't always, if feeling ambitious then I will do the affected area