New Puppy, Alone For A Few Hours

kurtis

Hi All,

I just thought id join for a bit of help with our new puppy we will be recieving in about 2 weeks.

We are getting a king charles cav x toy poodle to be an inside dog mostly.

We will be recieving the puppy at 10 weeks old but when we recieve the puppy, we will have 3 full days

with her before we have to go back to work.

She has already had a little crate training and we were going to work on that for the three days,

but she will have to be home for about 4 - 5 hours at a time by her self.

I was going to section off about 3 x 1 meters of the house and over 1 side put her crate with the open door

and over the other side place some news paper for toilet. Also put a few toys in there and some water.

As long as we can start the puppy to know to go to the toilet on the paper do you think we will have major

problems with this.

The puppy will also be crated at night next to our bed.

Also we will be recieving the puppy after a 6 hour flight. Whats the best thing to do straight away when she gets home

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Edited by kurtis

I was going to section off about 3 x 1 meters of the house and over 1 side put her crate with the open door

and over the other side place some news paper for toilet. Also put a few toys in there and some water.

I would cover the whole area with newspapers initially, once she is happy going on the paper, you can slowly make the paper area smaller until there is just one piece at the far end of the pups area.

Be warned though, you will end up with a 'paper trained' puppy, which is great initially, but can make it harder if you ever want her to toilet outside in the future.

When youa re at home take your puppy outside and tell them to 'go to the toilet' after the wake up, after they have a big play, after they have eaten etc

When you are not at home.

Get a puppy pen.

Put plastic down & then newspaper.

Mmmm I hope this puppy isn't coming from a well known Puppy Farm in South Australia that you can choose your puppy from photos on the website.

When youa re at home take your puppy outside and tell them to 'go to the toilet' after the wake up, after they have a big play, after they have eaten etc

When you are not at home.

Get a puppy pen.

Put plastic down & then newspaper.

Mmmm I hope this puppy isn't coming from a well known Puppy Farm in South Australia that you can choose your puppy from photos on the website.

Sorry to all just saw this was a pure breed dog community. Puppy is from a friend.

Thanks for the help anyway.

Edited by kurtis