Pool For Dogs In Brisbane

There are a ocouple on the southside of Brisbane. Haven't seen any on the northside of Brisbane though there is a place in Caboolture. I might be moving to Brisbane in the next few months and have been looking one on the northside but haven't found one. ;)

There are a ocouple on the southside of Brisbane. Haven't seen any on the northside of Brisbane though there is a place in Caboolture. I might be moving to Brisbane in the next few months and have been looking one on the northside but haven't found one. ;)

Do you know the names and locations of the southside ones are at all? Yeah I am on the nthside too but don't mind travelling - also could you please tell me the name of the one in Caboolture?

Where about on the northside are you looking to move to?

Glemaray Pet Spa - Woodford - I went to this one for months with one of my dogs, was the closest to the Sunshine Coast for me.

Canine Hydrotherapy Australia - Greenbank

Canine Fitness Centre - Morayfield - this may be the one I was told about but they said it was in Caboolture

The Links Pet Services - Goodna

Canine Cubby - Yatala

The ones molasseslass posted were the ones I knew about. ;)

Looking at moving to Wavell Heights. :(

Edited by ari.g

Glemaray Pet Spa - Woodford - I went to this one for months with one of my dogs, was the closest to the Sunshine Coast for me.

Canine Hydrotherapy Australia - Greenbank

Canine Fitness Centre - Morayfield - this may be the one I was told about but they said it was in Caboolture

The Links Pet Services - Goodna

Canine Cubby - Yatala

The ones molasseslass posted were the ones I knew about. ;)

Looking at moving to Wavell Heights. :(

Thanks also! Wow Wavell Huh! I live in Wavell - love the suburb!!! :(

I use the one in Woodford in Winter and when Quen was a pup - but now in summer - the river it is! ;)

River would be a great option - but he just will not go in far enough and swim. He has swum 3 times in his life but since has gone all chicken :( Really want to get him to learn to enjoy swimming, as I know he loves the water!

Edited by First Time Puppy Owner

I use the one in Woodford in Winter and when Quen was a pup - but now in summer - the river it is! ;)

River would be a great option - but he just will not go in far enough and swim. He has swum 3 times in his life but since has gone all chicken :( Really want to get him to learn to enjoy swimming, as I know he loves the water!

Funny! I took Quentin to the Dog Pool from when he came to me. He never liked it - always wanted to go out of the water. My old girl loves the water and when we went to the pools I had to drag her out while Quen needed to be dragged in. :( Then I took them to the river - manily for my old girl and Quen went in and swam and didn't want to come out again. :)

http://quentinsdream.blogspot.com/2008_06_01_archive.html

Funny! I took Quentin to the Dog Pool from when he came to me. He never liked it - always wanted to go out of the water. My old girl loves the water and when we went to the pools I had to drag her out while Quen needed to be dragged in. :) Then I took them to the river - manily for my old girl and Quen went in and swam and didn't want to come out again. :)

http://quentinsdream.blogspot.com/2008_06_01_archive.html

:rofl: That's what I hope Benson does too, after he figures out he can swim! :(

Ohhh I didnt know there was anything like that at Woodford, we are just around the corner from there sort of.

We have been meaning to go to the waterhole down at Woodford so the boys can have a swim but we went while the Folk festival was on so we turned around and came home instead.

Love the blog oceanaussi :( What river do you take the dogs to? What brand of floating jacket did you buy? What do you think of it? I didn't really like the ones they had at Woodford.

Cool FTPO will drop you a PM if and when I move ;)

Love the blog oceanaussi :laugh: What river do you take the dogs to? What brand of floating jacket did you buy? What do you think of it? I didn't really like the ones they had at Woodford.

Cool FTPO will drop you a PM if and when I move :thumbsup:

Thanks! I have the Pine River about 3 km from my place - which comes in really handy! :worship: I bought the Ruffwear Floating Jackets. I know they're pricey but worth every cent! I don't use them in calm waters (except to try them out) but when we go to the ocean.

http://quentinsdream.blogspot.com/2008_11_01_archive.html

Love the blog oceanaussi :cry: What river do you take the dogs to? What brand of floating jacket did you buy? What do you think of it? I didn't really like the ones they had at Woodford.

Cool FTPO will drop you a PM if and when I move :thumbsup:

Thanks! I have the Pine River about 3 km from my place - which comes in really handy! :worship: I bought the Ruffwear Floating Jackets. I know they're pricey but worth every cent! I don't use them in calm waters (except to try them out) but when we go to the ocean.

http://quentinsdream.blogspot.com/2008_11_01_archive.html

I was about to suggest the same. I used a ruffwear coat to get bruno over his fear of the water. Now swimming is one of his favourite activities. :laugh:

I can really recommend Glemaray at Woodford, it is definitely worth the time to get there. :thumbsup:

My boy wasn't fussed with swimming at the start - he liked having his feet touching the bottom - now he eagerly dives in safely from the ramp to chase his "wubba" and get his exercise. I think my girl was a beaver or a seal in another life - she took to the water straight away and keeps swimming for the entire session. I also get my exercise trying to keep ahead of her.

You also have the option of increasing their workload with the spa bubbles and/or swim jets if required - BTW the spa is good for human legs after the work. There is also the facility to rinse them off afterwards or there is the option of having a hydrobath as well.

Needless to say, both my dogs now love swimming in any location - pool, river, surf. We just have to watch out when we visit grandma's pool - they think it's an open invitation to jump right on in.

Enjoy your swimming wherever you may go - it's great fun and takes a bit of pressure off joints - both dog and human.

Intruders & the BSDs

Edited by intruders

I can really recommend Glemaray at Woodford, it is definitely worth the time to get there. :thumbsup:

My boy wasn't fussed with swimming at the start - he liked having his feet touching the bottom - now he eagerly dives in safely from the ramp to chase his "wubba" and get his exercise. I think my girl was a beaver or a seal in another life - she took to the water straight away and keeps swimming for the entire session. I also get my exercise trying to keep ahead of her.

You also have the option of increasing their workload with the spa bubbles and/or swim jets if required - BTW the spa is good for human legs after the work. There is also the facility to rinse them off afterwards or there is the option of having a hydrobath as well.

Needless to say, both my dogs now love swimming in any location - pool, river, surf. We just have to watch out when we visit grandma's pool - they think it's an open invitation to jump right on in.

Enjoy your swimming wherever you may go - it's great fun and takes a bit of pressure off joints - both dog and human.

Intruders & the BSDs

:p re Grandma's pool! :p

Great to hear! :worship: Thank you for the recommendation - that's the problem with my boy I think, I mean as long as feet are touching the bottom of the sea then he is happy to be in pretty deep but will not go any further. I mean I could understand if he had, had a bad experience but nope :cry::cry: I just would love to build up his confidence re swimming again!!! :laugh: