Grooming A Sheltie

Ms James

Do you just keep brushing until no more hair comes out? I've been at it for over half an hour & it still seems like big chunks of fur are coming out. She seems to be over it, should I stop before we both lose our will to live?

It possibly will just keep coming out if she is having a big coat drop.

The fastest way to get it all out is to give her a good hydro bath, then use a air force blower and blow it all out, or just keep at it as you are, going through her bit by bit, but it does take a while. I'd do it in stages over a couple of days if she's had enough.

Edited by Crisovar

Hi Chiene.

If there is a lot of coat left in there, it will take you a while to get through it :thumbsup: .

Welcome to Sheltie grooming :laugh: . I love Shelties and Bindi is my second one. I absolutely did not want another Sheltie after my first one because of the grooming. I could not find another breed that tugged at my heart strings like the Sheltie so I had to overcome my dislike of grooming (not really, I just grit my teeth and get on with it :laugh: ).

I brush Bindi once or twice a week (usually once :laugh: ) and a fair bit of hair comes out. Just go in stages and do a little every day, it will help both of you survive the ordeal :thumbsup: . It will keep coming for a while.

And how did I not know you came into possession of a little Sheltie!?!?!?! :cool:

:laugh:

She's my foster girl, I'm completely in luffs with her! She'd be a foster failure if I believed this was the best place for her, but I reckon she needs somewhere quiet where teenagers don't run around screaming & cats don't try to swipe her food :D