Titre Testing

koolietas

Hi guys,

Does anyone know of any vets in Tas that do titre testing? I'm actually going to my vet tonight with one of the cats, so I will ask them about it then...but

Is it possible for them to take the bloodwork and then send onto a lab? Is that how it works? I'm assuming very few vets would actually be able to do the testing themselves... (sorry - really don't have much of an idea).

Appreciate any responses!

Thanks for replying Loraine.

My vet is a homeopathic vet - so I'm pretty sure she will agree to do it. Just not sure if they have many requests in Tas for this yet...as the last time I asked (a couple of years ago) they didn't know much about it!

Just out of interest...my vet quoted $50 for both parvo & distemper testing (plus postage costs to send to Vetpath in Perth)...does that seem a little too cheap? (not that I'm complaining lol)

That is a great price. My vet is new to this too, and her charge of $118.00 she thought was reasonable. I told her that a number of folks had posted on DOL prices from $50 to $250 for the testing, she told me that Vetpath charges them $118.00 which I do not necessarily believe. As I wanted Zedley to be titered I went along with her price, but in future I will be phoning around the Perth vets for price comparisons. Good luck, I should be getting my results this week.

Just out of interest...my vet quoted $50 for both parvo & distemper testing (plus postage costs to send to Vetpath in Perth)...does that seem a little too cheap? (not that I'm complaining lol)

. . . she told me that Vetpath charges them $118.00 which I do not necessarily believe.

I don't have the facts, but it's quite possible that VetPath gives low rates to regular users of their service and high rates to occasionals. That is, everyone may be telling the truth.

. . . she told me that Vetpath charges them $118.00 which I do not necessarily believe.

I don't have the facts, but it's quite possible that VetPath gives low rates to regular users of their service and high rates to occasionals. That is, everyone may be telling the truth.

What koolietas was referring to earlier was that her vet had never done titer testing previously. so this would be her first time for testing, hence should be no cheaper than my vet :thumbsup:

Yep - she said that they've only done a couple before (and looked up the price by checking another dog's history).

Oh well, I don't mind if it costs more than that anyway - I'd much rather get the levels checked before re-vaccinating.