Wondering Something About Feeding Rmb

Guest english.ivy

Hmm I wish some people would get their facts straight before being so sure of themselves!

Hmmm, like when someone writes on several occassions that their dog died from eating too many Schmackos, when in fact it had advanced liver cancer and a history of being overweight and no autopsy performed to prove whether the Schmackos may or may not have been a contributing factor...

from what I have read my understanding is that raw fat is fine but if it is cooked fat (like leftovers) it can turn rancid and cause issues.

I have never heard of this, I feed fat both cooked (as in leftovers) and raw and have never had a problem. Dogs have a far greater need for fat in their diet than humans and fat, cooked or raw fed in sensible quantities won't harm your dog at all. Also salt is rarely toxic to dogs as long as they drink adequate amounts of water, it would be very hard for a dog to consume so much salt in a normal diet that it had adverse effects.

I really feel that people are worrying unnecessarily about what they feed, dogs are natural scavengers and a normal, healthy dog can survive on just about anything within reason. Most things are fine if fed in moderation including fat and salt, your dog certainly isn't going to die from salt toxicity or develop pancreatitis if you feed it the odd slice of bacon. Of course if your dog has a predisposition to pancreatitis or any other condition then you must adjust its diet accordingly.

I have never heard of this, I feed fat both cooked (as in leftovers) and raw and have never had a problem. Dogs have a far greater need for fat in their diet than humans and fat, cooked or raw fed in sensible quantities won't harm your dog at all.

I really feel that people are worrying unnecessarily about what they feed, dogs are natural scavengers and a normal, healthy dog can survive on just about anything within reason.

Of course if your dog has a predisposition to pancreatitis or any other condition then you must adjust its diet accordingly.

:champagne: