Wurroit Bronzed Ozzie

Bob

We received dreadful news today from Ozzie's owner in Qld.

The following is a short e-mail we received this evening;

Dear Bob & Erica,

I cannot make this any less painful for you than it is for me. Today I came home and Ozzie was fighting a big brown snake. Unfortunately he was bitten. We tried everything to save him but to no avail. I've lost my Ozzie. I am so sorry. I have buried him in his favourite spot in the garden. I dont know what else to say. I just can't take a trick at the moment. I am so very very sorry, he tried so hard.

This is the first of our dogs to have been lost, he was also from our latest litter.

His bravery will not be forgotten.

Sorrowfully,

my heart goes out to you. it's never easy to lose someone you love so much, and the pain will always be there, but just think about all the things you loved most about your buddy and smile. it really helps. here's to you, ozzie! :p

-melissa

OOh how unutterably sad!! :p :D

That was my greatest fear when I lived on 10 acres. as the dogs always had a water bowl just inside the door of each shed no matter the weather.

I half expected a snake to be attracted in the heat, but closest we came was one scooting along a fence line ,that I could beat with a stick and shoo dogs away from--when the dogs were out, thank goodness!!

Each summer we would see at least one snake and ususally a brown or tiger.

One almost came into the front of the house the last year-it was in the bushes by the front door,when a neighbour came grabbed a shovel and bashed the bushes till it came out, but it amazed us how far round the garden beds it actually travelled first!

Can only send condolences and hope beautiful memories will suffice in time,to both the sorrowful owner and you as breeder :p :D

Edited by V.A.H.